Another Radio Shack Z-Wave sale!

For the most part, yes. I think there may be some older wall switches that don't do the "beaming" to neighboring devices (which facilitates the mesh network). The GE ones I've gotten worked fine. With Z-Wave, the rule is basically anything that is not working off of batteries will beam signals from neighboring devices and allow you to extend your network.
Thanks, Brian. I just ordered all new GE devices from RS, and from what I've read, they are beaming devices.

The GE manual that came with the items I purchased showed a line-of-sight distance of 100', and also listed other ranges based on the number of walls between devices as well as construction materials (sheetrock vs. concrete, and plastic gang boxes vs. metal).

I will edit this post with the numbers when I get a chance.
Thanks. I look forward to the numbers.

Kevin

Thanks, Brian. I just ordered all new GE devices from RS, and from what I've read, they are beaming devices.

Thanks. I look forward to the numbers.

Kevin
If you are retrofitting your home, I sure hope your 3-way wiring scheme is the one that is supported by the GE 3-way switches. Mine was not!

Right, I believe the vendors were speaking in more 'realistic' and 'experience' terms! ;)

I understand that specs are generally biased, but I wouldn't say that it's unrealistic. However, I think the devices would likely have to be directly facing each other, and in a clean RF environment.

If you are retrofitting your home, I sure hope your 3-way wiring scheme is the one that is supported by the GE 3-way switches. Mine was not!
I read the problems you found. I don't believe I'll be faced with them. I designed the home myself and had it built in 2007. I specified neutrals at every box. Plus, much of the house is controlled by hardwired Centralite LiteJet and I'm adding JetStream. I'm just adding the Z-Wave because as I have lived in the house I've come to realize I didn't think of all the ways I'd want lighting automated. Since the RS sale makes adding Z-Wave so cheap, I thought I'd try it out.

Kevin

Thanks. That sounds good. Easy enough to add another device if coverage is spotty. I would assume that the lamp modules and duplex receptacles add to the mesh?

InToZ-Wave, see you're in Clearwater. I'm about a 100 miles south of you on the Cape Haze Peninsula. Cold enough for you?

Kevin
Hopefully it warms up again at 7:41 am this morning 40.5 on the front of the house 38.9 on the back of the house - hopefully these aren't the new normals last year was a cold one too - so much for global warming :rolleyes:

I knew I should have waited. I grabbed a bunch of devices in the early december sale and they are cheaper now (grabbed more). Thermostat dropped to $59 (-$20 less than what I paid), Switches down ~$5 from what I paid. Oh well, now I have 25 devices, so hopefully the network will work well.

The radio Shack by me still has it all full price. I asked them about it and they checked the computer and said the prices were correct. I guess only certian areas are clearing it out.

I ordered mine online, Digger. Just checked the website and they're still in stock at the low prices.

Kevin

The radio Shack by me still has it all full price. I asked them about it and they checked the computer and said the prices were correct. I guess only certian areas are clearing it out.

Digger - My Radio Shack had them at full price last Saturday when I checked and they wouldn't match the online prices. I even told them I would order online and choose the Ship to Store option only to be told that even if I did that, they couldn't give me one hanging on the wall...there would be one actually shipped to the store for me.

I went back last night and they had everything at the sale prices (matching the online prices). So keep checking!

Online the thermostat says sold out - stopped by my local RS and grabbed their last Trane and 2 lamp modules.

You guys cut this out!! You know I am blaming all of this on You! :)

When I came home today the wife asks, "Where do you keep hearing about these deals"? I replied "You know those boards I get on..,THOSE GUYS"! heh heh

Online the thermostat says sold out - stopped by my local RS and grabbed their last Trane and 2 lamp modules.

You guys cut this out!! You know I am blaming all of this on You! :)

When I came home today the wife asks, "Where do you keep hearing about these deals"? I replied "You know those boards I get on..,THOSE GUYS"! heh heh

Hey, don't drag us down with you!

I picked up several lamp modules and some in wall receptacles at my local Radio Shack the other day for 15 bucks a piece, and I believe that the Radio Shack online store is also running that same price for this stuff now.

Here is a link to a $10 coupon, refreshing the link generates a new coupon.

http://view.ed4.net/v/WUDODZ/GDQ54/U1069AB/MPS33V/FORMATOVERRIDE=A

Back