Radio Shack Z-Wave clearance - New prices effective 2/10/2011

Odeen

I swung by Radio Shack a half hour ago, on an unrelated errand. Seeing how they were about to close, they put up new price tags.
So, I got a peek at FURTHER price reductions on the remaining Z-Wave stock. Effective tomorrow:
Appliance and Lamp modules are $10
Remote controls (regular and advanced) - $10
Dimmer - $15 (I think)
3-way dimmer - $18 (I think)
Outdoor module is also $10.

Schlage Link thermostat is still $59.97. My store was out of the locks, so I didn't see the updated pricing.

Remember - if you bought within the last 30 days, you can get a price adjustment.
And, as usual, print out the handy $10 of $40 coupons:
http://view.ed4.net/v/VPK6KA/7A5O0/5VX4TI7/7WA44N/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?csm=155374818&csc=102310&csa=139866162&csu=102318Here!

Another note on the Trane thermostat: if you have an oversized central air (e.g. it short cycles on a cool spring day), you may want to set the min on and off times to 9 minutes (from their default of 3 minutes). This option is found in the advanced menus.

This should save you money since it may take several minutes before the compressor begins to cool most effectively and the starting current on any compressor is high; why not get the most out of a cooling cycle, then stay off longer to reduce the number of starts?

Another note on the Trane thermostat: if you have an oversized central air (e.g. it short cycles on a cool spring day), you may want to set the min on and off times to 9 minutes (from their default of 3 minutes). This option is found in the advanced menus.

This should save you money since it may take several minutes before the compressor begins to cool most effectively and the starting current on any compressor is high; why not get the most out of a cooling cycle, then stay off longer to reduce the number of starts?

I have mine set at 6 minutes... My HVAC system isn't oversized (builder-grade gear for a 1400 square foot townhouse), but I'm aware that I shouldn't short-cycle the AC compressor.

I just wish there was a way to set minimum cooling and minimum heating times separately. I'm okay with AC running for a few minutes extra, but my furnace, sized to heat up all 3 stories / 1400 square feet at once, can turn a single zone into an oven in five minutes or less.

Why are these sooooo cheap? It seems too good to be true! Do you think Radio Shack is getting out of Z-wave? Clearing Stock? Or is this an all of the sudden drastic price drop in Z-Wave components?

Also how do you get a price adjustment? I made a few purchases online before the most recent price drop.

They are clearing stock, making more room for <hank hill voice>cell phones and cell phone accessories</hank hill voice>. If you go to Home Depot/Lowes, you'll see that prices are normal there.

Back