HA Technology Comparison Spreadsheet

This is a really great resource - wish I came across it earlier, but glad to have found it now.

Suggestion: I wonder if it isn't possible to structure the "Controller" and "Software" sections so that it's easier to make apples to apples comparisons in the areas where they apply.

For example, both sections have a matrix for Lighting support, which is very useful. But, when it comes to HVAC, only the Software section has a compatabilty matrix. The Controller section does include an HVAC matrix but it's orientation is for features, not compatability.

The programming capabilities/model is another area that it seems can be addressed in a more apples to apples manner. Currently, there is a "Logic" area for Controllers and an "Automation Triggers" area for Software. While I understand some concepts may not apply equally in both sections, it seems a number of concepts do, and for those concepts it would be good to see the capabilities addressed consistently.

There are a number of other areas as well - in fact, perhaps only a small set of areas should be different or exclusive to one section or the other. As wonderful as this resource currently is, this change I think would not only faciliate an overall analysis of options, but would also help to capture the essence of appliance vs. software based controller trade-offs.

Thanks,

Cliff

This is a really great resource - wish I came across it earlier, but glad to have found it now.

Suggestion: I wonder if it isn't possible to structure the "Controller" and "Software" sections so that it's easier to make apples to apples comparisons in the areas where they apply...

Cliff

Good ideas but I will have to think about the best way to accomplish this. If you want to draft a proposed layout and email it to me, it would probably help me understand what you would like to see.

If you're planning to add the availability for specific location, my advice is to create a new heading called "Location and Availability" with 5 rows just for a start: USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and whether it is available for DIYers or installers only. As far as I've looked, C-Bus wireless is available for DIYers. Although there is information that some products are only available in 220v/50Hz, there are some who may not know what that means.

The Nuvo offers a 'wireless keypad' that is really an elaborate remote control, that provides metadata.

So 'LCD display on wireless remote' should be Y.

The Nuvo Music Port device allows internet radio metadata to be displayed on the keypad.

So 'Internet Radio Source with Metadata Display' should be Y.

The Nuvo offers a 'wireless keypad' that is really an elaborate remote control, that provides metadata.

So 'LCD display on wireless remote' should be Y.

The Nuvo Music Port device allows internet radio metadata to be displayed on the keypad.

So 'Internet Radio Source with Metadata Display' should be Y.

OK, thanks for the update.

anyone experiencing slow download speeds?

Any way to make this an html page by any chance?

im on a 20/2 connection btw

DA attack, I missed it the first time I passed through. I did a search and found an entire category in the software section!!!

There are a few errors with the chart that I found. I have a HomeWorks system in my home that's how I know about them

The local dimmer can also control other loads in the system
The accessory control look and work last the master controls except the don't have the LED's
The 8 series processor is not only wired but can also do RF devices
The companion dimmer use traditional wires even when you use the wired dimmers
Depending on who makes the LED's the HomeWorks system can dim them. I have a DMX 512 controller and the HomeWorks system works with it.

This is a very nioe chart

Back