Using the Quatech Serial Port Server

dan and beez. thats the problem! i have no idea where the wizard is nor where to find it, activate, kick it the in the stomach for not being obvious. where is that booger!!!!!

i figured it was all about the wizard, but he is hiding (likely in plain sight, lol). i googled it hopin i could load it. notta.

Also figured you two would reply! lol THANK YOU ! Been a while since i been here. miss yall! But thats likely going to change soon as Im getting closer to fininshing the house (the one thats been framed and dried in over a year---make that two)

;)

Hmm...weird. I can't seem to find it either....or at least, it seems like you have to log into quatech.com to get any further, and I know I didn't have to do that before.

I thought it was linked somewhere in this post.

THAT'S the page...how did you get there? I can't navigate there on the site, assuming its under "Drivers", because that just takes you to a request form.

oh man, dont tell me thats it! LOL. I have downloaded all that but didtn see one that said SOFTWARE like some of the other items on that page. I didnt bother opening DRIVERS or FIRMWARE yet since i thought i had to get into the box first, lol.

See, i told you it would be right in front of me. Guess I will open the drivers first.

little red faced here!

I had all three firmwares downloaded at 4pm not know that was the actual install wizard software i needed.

THANK YOU.

Beez, got the email, opened it and ran it. I assume it was for the version i needed coz it worked. not sure if it was 400 500 or 700. THANKS AGAIN!

I've had two Quatech's running for about a year and a half continuously, talking via CQC. No problems until just now, one Quatech stopped working.

I victoriously pulled out one of the two backup Quatech's I purchased (figured they would eventually die). It did not work. The second spare also did not work.

I've been using los cheapos power supplies About $3-4 Ebay. (reference item number 130433981235 as of right now)

Turns out the culprit was el cheapo PSU. Even though it put out enough juice to light the LED indicators, it would no longer run the device. I pulled out a spare, unused (same model el-cheapo) PSU and the same, original Quatech works just fine, talks to two receivers and the Nuvo.

Now to re-wrap the spare Quatech's. And order another spare el-cheapo PSU.

I suppose it makes more sense to buy a durable PSU. Maybe I'll get around to that.

FYI, I am using an old power supply that came with an old wireless router (D-Link or Netgear I think). I did order those cheap power supplies, but after opening one up, I started having doubts.

Back