monitoring fire sprinkler system

v1rtu0s1ty said:
I'm just wondering though why when it got tripped, it didn't call my central station. Any ideas folks?
What are your zone RC's set for? That is zone Reporting Codes in ELKRP set for whatever zone you are using for your fire supervisory definition 12.

rfdesq said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
I'm just wondering though why when it got tripped, it didn't call my central station. Any ideas folks?
What are your zone RC's set for? That is zone Reporting Codes in ELKRP set for whatever zone you are using for your fire supervisory definition 12.
ah, I haven't configured that yet. I will take a look at it now. Thanks :lol:

This is what I found out,

Pulse 01
CID 200
SIA FS (which I don't use)

Attachments

• firesupervisory_in_zonerc.gif
    firesupervisory_in_zonerc.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 8
I noticed a real quick restoral time in the log. Do you have a dialer delay or a cancel window set in Area RC's?

It's too late to give it another try tonight. I would try it one more time unless Spanky can think of another reason why the dialer didn't dial. You don't need to actually turn on the valve, just short the zone.

Here is what I've noticed when I trip my window motion or window contacts. Before I trip it, I have with me a wireless telephone. Then when I'm very ready, I go near a window, then I press a button to get a dialtone. I then trip the window contact, then the dialtone immediately gets severed(due to RJ31) by M1.

I will try it again and leave the wire on zone 6 disconnected for 2 minutes. I'll keep you posted.

Ah, here is what I'm thinking now. Maybe, the reason why it's not contacting the central station is because my system is still in DISARMED. If that is the case, that's wrong then. Fire sprinkler alarms should still be sent even if system is NOT armed. I'm going to test it tomorrow.

ELK vendor is looking into this now. Currently, ELK does not know if the wire was CUT(OPEN), or it was a real water flow(SHORT). It just knows something went wrong. I'll keep you guys posted. The calling of central station is still a problem.

Just got an email from ELK and they're still looking at this issue. However, I got an advice from Spanky to change the zone's definition from 12 to 10. That did it!!! It contacted my central station when the water flow valve trip. I took out the wire and it did not contact my cs which is good. :blink:

I've updated the page I posted earlier.

Just in case, http://restricted.dyndns.org/firesprinkler/

Neil,

It sounds like zone definition 12 has a glitch, not your programming of the zone to definition 12. Also, when you removed the wire, why didn't it send a trouble signal to the CS?

Fire Supervisory Trouble reporting. You must enable Troubles in the communicator and trouble reporting codes in order for the communicator to report Fire Supervisory Zones.

My question now would be, do we really want to send trouble reports to CS? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Back