Largest UPB Installation?

Dan,

The ON function works pretty much the same way. The ones I've done were for using single tap as a single light on or off, and double tap as the whole area on or off. I haven't experimented with different lighting levels as you mentioned.

Below is the basic config for an Omni and a SA US2-40 switch.

Switch:
Transmit Tab - Top and Bottom are both set to super rockers (activate and deactivate respectively) for the same link (link 100 in this example).
Receive Tab - Set to 100% for link 100 (this makes the single load turn on, even if the controller is down).
Options Tab - Turn the response tab down to 400ms (this isn't available in the earlier firmware versions. It's not required, but reduces the pause needed between double taps).

Omni:
WHEN UPB LINK 100 ON (If the rocker is turned on, and the AreaAllOn flag is active, then run button 100.)
AND IF AreaAllOn ON
THEN RUN BUTTON 100

WHEN UPB LINK 100 ON (When the rocker is turned on, activate the AreaAllOn flag for three seconds.)
THEN AreaAllOn ON FOR 3 SECONDS

WHEN BUTTON 100 (When button 100 is triggered, then do some stuff.)
THEN Light1 ON
THEN Light2 ON
THEN Light3 ON

The order is important here. The first time that a user presses the ON rocker, it will set a flag that is on for three seconds (the second command block). If the user presses the ON rocker again within three seconds, then the first command block will run, which will trigger a button. You could have your actions directly in the first block, I just use the high numbered buttons as a sort of macro that allows for code reuse. That way I can have multiple events that just run button 100 rather than repeating all of the commands multiple times.

Note that you're really performing two single taps within a small time window (that's why it's best to turn down the response time). If you actually initiate a true double tap, then this won't work. It's basically a Tap-->Pause-->Tap.

It's true that this is dependent on the controller, but I typically find an Omni or Elk to be the most stable part of a system.

Back