Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt with Z-wave availability

Hi,

I am new here. Getting ready to start putting in some z-wave products starting with the Kwikset deadbolt. What is the difference between the one I can get at Home Depot and the one from ASIhome?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am new here. Getting ready to start putting in some z-wave products starting with the Kwikset deadbolt. What is the difference between the one I can get at Home Depot and the one from ASIhome?

Thanks!

The ones I found on the HD website (Home Depot: Kwikset Smart Code) do not have the Home Connect Technology that these discussed in this thread do. The ones available from HD are motorized deadbolts, but cannot be controlled by a HA system b/c they do not have the Zwave transceivers built in.

This link is for the standard SmartCode deadbolts that HD offers (there is a video that describes the deadbolt): http://www.kwikset.com/smartseries/SmartCode.aspx

Here is the link for the SmartCode deadbolts with HomeConnect (Zwave built-in): http://www.kwikset.com/WirelessLocks/Products.aspx

Hi,

Thanks!
Which Home Depot has the Kwikset Z-Wave deadbolts?

Hi,

Thanks!

I suppose they MIGHT have them in the stores (doubtful since ASI just got theirs like yesterday), but they are definitely not on the HD website.

The Kwikset locks have hit the warehouse. Those who have ordered should see shipping confirmations and tracking numbers today/tomrrow.
I received my tracking number today to. But being out west, they aren't going to be here until next week.

Hi,

Thanks!

I suppose they MIGHT have them in the stores (doubtful since ASI just got theirs like yesterday), but they are definitely not on the HD website.

I will double check what they have on the shelf at home depot, but the one I looked at on the display had a tapered deadbolt (which I think is new?) and had the Home Connect logo inside the cover.

Hi,

Thanks!

I will double check what they have on the shelf at home depot, but the one I looked at on the display had a tapered deadbolt (which I think is new?) and had the Home Connect logo inside the cover.

I looked at some at Lowes recently. I wonder if it possibly might be "Home Connect" ready but be minus the radio?

The first place you should be able to tell if it's a Zwave model or not is the price ;)

The standard SmartCode ones (w/o HomeConnect) were $99 on the HD website. ASI has the HomeConnect models listed for $249.

Here is a little info I picked up on these:

If the lock is not learned into a network, you can only have 2 user codes. Once you learn it into a network, you can have up to 30 user codes. Kwikset suggests not setting any of the codes until you get it learned into your controller (Vera/HomeSeer) and program the user codes through that.

Here is a little info I picked up on these:

If the lock is not learned into a network, you can only have 2 user codes. Once you learn it into a network, you can have up to 30 user codes. Kwikset suggests not setting any of the codes until you get it learned into your controller (Vera/HomeSeer) and program the user codes through that.

That's somewhat of a bummer for me since I currently dont have any other Zwave devices. I will be using them as stand-alone devices until I do, which I'm hoping isn't a long time away.

Back