iPad Wall Mount Options

Our museum is using an iPad running the "My Kiosk" app, all inside a STAYPad security enclosure.

The STAYPad can be mounted to a wall or cabinet. Ours is mounted to an adjustable swing arm.

The HOME button of the iPad is covered on our model. Our application has been running successfully and uninterrupted.

The STAYPad is made by Doss Industries. They also make a model that provides access to the HOME button

Our museum is featured in a STAYPad video, available on YouTube.

You already have a museum for your own products, mr gary doss? At least admit to self-promotion. ;)

For those interested in the dockalot, I have found their people to be very difficult to work with, or more like non-existant. I placed an order back at the beginning of October for a wall mount and have tried repeatedly to get status or refund. Never a response. Had to call credit card company and have charged appealed. Am awaiting removal of charge from card now.

I do not recommend this product or company as a result.

Curt

Curt, thanks for sharing this info. I guess I will need to add the ability to rate/comment to the list ASAP.

Here is another one from Vidabox thanks to Dan's CEDIA pictures. I think it's a dealer only item like the rest of their products.
Hi Steve,

Our iPad frames are available to EVERYONE, and are not a "dealer only" item!
More info on the iPad frame / wall mount can be found here.
URL = vidabox.com/products_ipadmount.php

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Steven
VidaBox, LLC

Steven - can you recommend a power supply, that is not made by VidaBox? The VidaBox PS is designed for 4 iPads, and although a fantastic idea for multiple locations, is more than I want to spend initially.

For a new install, to avoid proprietary touchpanels, it's a great concept, but it's not currently in my budget.

Neuro,

From the brochure it seems you can use the regular Ipad USB cable, they say not all USB over cat5 extenders carry the 5v properly...why not give it a shot and see if it works. I agree the price for the 4 port power unit is hard to swallon for a 1 or 2 ipad install.

Hi All -

Since we've gotten a few mentions up the chain (Thank You!!) I though I'd post a quick note to let you know that we have launched a bunch of great modular accessories for The Wallee, and have also announced The Wallee for iPad 2 available now for pre-order.

As always, we would love your feedback as we continue to develop even more great accessories.

Regards,
Alon

The Wallee!

I've just stumbled across the Trufig in-wall flush mount. Although I didn't read every post, I did a search & I didn't find this one in the thread...

OOPS. I'm a new member & can't post links. Oh well... Google "Trufig" and "iPad" and you'll see what they have.

I can't find anything about iPad mounts on the Trufig website. You should be able to post links now, so please do share, so I can add it to the iPad Mounts list. Thanks!

Savant dock
http://www.savantav.com/products_ipad_docking_stations_inwall.aspx

not for ipad, but itouch - none the less and interesting option (again iPort so not cheap)

http://www.iportmusic.com/products/cm/CM-IW100T

Mick

Yep, those are in the list. There is actually an iPort mount for the iPad, very sharp looking too, but $$$.

I am looking for A wall mount with case that charges. Like the wallee, but that charges when you insert it into the wall mount. Its an elusive unicorn! I plan to use it on the patio to control pool and house automation.

Have you checked the list of Apple iPad Mounts? Here is one example I found on there:

http://www.savantav.com/products_ipad_docking_stations_inwall.aspx

It isn't cheap tho. I guess the question is, do you want a surface mount or in-wall mount?

In my opinion, by far best solution is to use "no drilling needed" solutions. Check out the Hedgie from hedgie.net. You will be able to choose two spots and it amazingly well does the job. The best thing it'll still fit in all your cases you might have.

Steven - can you recommend a power supply, that is not made by VidaBox? The VidaBox PS is designed for 4 iPads, and although a fantastic idea for multiple locations, is more than I want to spend initially.

For a new install, to avoid proprietary touchpanels, it's a great concept, but it's not currently in my budget.

Hi Neurorad,

Sorry for the lapse in my reply!

We've come out with our inexpensive $30 iPCX charging kits since our iPad1 frame was released - link here:
http://www.vidabox.com/ipad2_frame

You can purchase and kit it directly with any one of our iPad frames - Hope this helps!

VidaBox, LLC
Steven

Back