iPad Wall Mount Options

Labshield will be creating a household version where locking and security isn't a concern. The current model is for public locations for kiosk use. The future household version will provide and access to all the iPad buttons. Additional photos are now on the site if you would like to see how the charger is tucked away. I think for the household version that a dock would be more in order so you don't have to attach the wire each time. Easy-in-out would be my preference. What did you think of the Pad Holdr? It seemed to accomplish what you were wanting for the most part. You would still have to use the cable and charger versus a simple drop-in dock.

Here is another option.

http://tabletwallport.com/Home.html (Power is not hidden)

How do you get power to the iPad mounted in this manner? Do they expect you to move it to a plug to charge it?

I would suppose. I'm not too interested in any mount option that cannor charge at while docked, but it might be useful for other applications. The iPad stays charged for quite a long time with light use, so it might be an interesting option for some people.

The Savant is 2.5 inches deep. I don't fancy cutting any more wholes in my wall, plus it looks expensive (feedback?) and it doesn't look as grab-and-go friendly as the Dockalot (if that ever sees the light of day).

For my intended use it doesnt have to be that 'Grab and Go' ready... i might grab it if i go on a longer trip or something. Trying to find the price on the darn thing. Got a call into their local sales rep in my area.

Hi,

Please see theimount, you can search via Google as I don't have permission to post a link.

It's an iPad wall mount with an articulating arm. It has a holder for the iPad that will allow you to turn in any direction and spin it 360 degrees. I am the creator, let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

Please see theimount, you can search via Google as I don't have permission to post a link.

It's an iPad wall mount with an articulating arm. It has a holder for the iPad that will allow you to turn in any direction and spin it 360 degrees. I am the creator, let me know if you have any questions.
I find it kind of ironic that your site is for the iPad yet your require flash to see the device. Might want to consider at least providing an alternate solution for users using their iDevices to visit your site.

If this was already posted I apologize (I didn't see it) but I like the CM series from iPort...looks very clean. It has a magnetically attached bezel and charges the unit while docked. I don't have any info on pricing or availability yet.

Edit: Added Link

I updated the first post, and split the list between charging and non-charging mounts. I have to say that I am most impressed by the iPort so far. Here is a link to the manual http://www.iportmusic.com/cms_documents/cmiw2000manual.pdf. It used an in-wall mount, and does not require power in the wall. It uses a RJ45 connector and a Cat5 cable to power the iPad from a remotely mounted power supply.

If this was already posted I apologize (I didn't see it) but I like the CM series from iPort...looks very clean. It has a magnetically attached bezel and charges the unit while docked. I don't have any info on pricing or availability yet.

Edit: Added Link
How much do these mounts cost?

I just made a call to my distributor and the MSRP is $499, I suspect there will be a slightly lower street price. They do not currently have any in stock but are on order so they should be available soon.

Edit: First Price Posted was wrong.

Back