Who has Nuvo Music Port?

I rebuilt my server recently (Win7, dedicated to Music Port and related SW), and have been having similar trouble with the "Connecting to Source" issue. I worked with Autonomic to do a remote support session, and we learned a few things, although no resolution yet.

So the good news is that this problem doesn't appear to be NuVo-related, but in the Mirage application (or something conflicting with it), so it doesn't require Autonomic to chase down something with the NuVo hardware.

Jeff

Glad to hear there was success in identifying the problem to Autonomic. Thanks for working with them on it!

Any news on solving the issue?

On a side note, I've isolated that occasional crash I mentioned in my last msg where a dialog box came up ""Windows Media Player Database Corrupted...". It's not related to Nuvo/MP software. It's a symptom in response to a low-memory condition brought on by some sort of memory leak when viewing the Avermedia surveillance cam card webpage with the Charmed Quark (automation software) viewer. Dunno yet if it's Avermedia or CQC. Gotta love our automation hobby :)

Glad to hear there was success in identifying the problem to Autonomic. Thanks for working with them on it!

Any news on solving the issue?

I did find after one crash that there appeared to be a DHCP renewal at that time, and the Mirage logfiles showed some moment in time where the Win7 system had an invalid IP address (0.0.0.0). Not sure why that would have happened, nor why that would cause their software to crash and fail the automatic restart... And of course this happened at 5am, when the system was idle.

I've changed the server to a static IP address, but I've seen a crash since then, so I'm concerned that I was chasing a red herring with the DHCP event. Net at this point is they likely need to get some more instrumentation in their logs.

Jeff

I wish I could help you with the stability issues you're having. How long did you say that it usually runs before messing up? Pandora is usually what I'm listening to on mine but typically not for long periods of time- usually not more than an hour at one time, typically less. However, each time I turn it back on Pandora is still working fine. For whatever it's worth, I did upgrade to Pandora One paid subscription before I setup my Nuvo. I'm not sure if you are using the free account or have upgraded but I suppose maybe it's possible that might make a difference??? Maybe not. What kind of computer are you using? Are you using the software that came with the NV-MP? Again, for whatever it's worth- when I bought my NV-MP used it didn't come with the software (but I did get the key). I downloaded the current software directly from Autonomics and used the key I got with the NV-MP.

MSDAWG, how did you get a key for the Music Port software? I just got mine in the mail, but there is no software or key.

MSDAWG, how did you get a key for the Music Port software? I just got mine in the mail, but there is no software or key.
The person I bought mine from sent me his key along with the MP. If you didn't receive a key with yours I'd suggest contacting the person you bought it from.

The person I bought mine from sent me his key along with the MP. If you didn't receive a key with yours I'd suggest contacting the person you bought it from.

Thanks, I'll have to check.

Just noticed you are here in Huntsville. What part of town?

Hi Guys,

We didn't do it to be anti-social, or because we don't like answering your questions -- actually, to the contrary.

There were several reasons we decided to take the Autonomic forum offline.

1. We found that we were spending a more and more time cleaning up spam and junk posts from the forums -- time that could be better spent helping our valuable customers.
2. Since dealers and customers contacting our support department directly have always been our priority, the forum questions were not getting answered as quickly as we would like. Eliminating it allows us to manage a single queue of questions and make sure everyone receives a more timely response. If you have a question, just shoot us an email at support@, and feel free to post our responses for everyone to see.
3. We found that discussion threads about our products on sites like this one are actually more useful to our customers because they are widely monitored and answered by a variety of different people. We found that our forum was becoming an alternative to sending us an e-mail, and that just wasn't efficient because we were managing two lists of open issues.

We hope you understand our decision, and we want to reassure you that is was done to improve our communication and the level of support provided to our customers. We're here, as always, to you. In addition to our world class support department which is accessible by e-mail and telephone, we continue to monitor active discussion treads about our products. If there's a discussion on this or any other site that you would like us to comment on, please drop us a line and invite us to come on in.

Thank You as always for your support and feedback.

-Michael D

The Renovia Freestanding Zone Amp has 2 RJ-45 jacks, one for the control pad and one for input. Anyone know what the pinout is for these?

Also, my Music Port just started acting funny 2 days ago, like the license on the software is no longer good. This was not the 14 day trial. Happened right in the middle of a party!

Michael, thank you for sharing.

I, too, noticed that it wasn't a 'great' forum - not many forum members were helping others - it was mostly a described problem, with a solution provided by jonathan s.

If you would like a public forum that you don't have to manage, you could consider approaching the owner here at cocoontech ('electron'). As you may have noticed, there are several manufacturer dedicated subforums here at CT, including Elk and HAI. Certainly, the professional installer needs answers immediately, but for the average 'enthusiast', there isn't the pressing need for an immediate solution, and a forum is a great substitute for expensive tech support.

I'm sure you're aware that you may experience an increase in TS volume with the release of the new Russound/vNet devices. But, I guess that's a good thing. ;)

Of course, not many DIYers can afford the MMS-2 and -5, but plenty will be installing the MPS4E and new Russound devices.

Hope to see you around!

Sorry to drag up a really old thread, but, is anyone still using their musicport or am I the only dinosaur here? I'm frustrated because I update to Autonomics latest version of the Mirage App and it broke everything. This same thing happened when they released the 2012 update to the App and when I contacted support they fixed it right away and it was fine. This time when I contacted them they told me they weren't supporting it any more....

CB

Back