UPB HAI and Web Mountain with ELK

Digger

I have used SAI and HAL devices with my ELK for over a year no problems. I put some HAI devices in not to long ago and just linked them to the SAI devices no problems also.

Last week I added some Web Mountain devices and tried to control them and the HAI devices by the ELK with no luck. They work fine with Upstart.

I replaced the XSP and the SAI Power line interface for the ELK with a PCS version and still no luck. They work 100% when controlled by upstart or other devices just not the ELK.

Any ideas what I am overlooking?

I have used SAI and HAL devices with my ELK for over a year no problems. I put some HAI devices in not to long ago and just linked them to the SAI devices no problems also.

Last week I added some Web Mountain devices and tried to control them and the HAI devices by the ELK with no luck. They work fine with Upstart.

I replaced the XSP and the SAI Power line interface for the ELK with a PCS version and still no luck. They work 100% when controlled by upstart or other devices just not the ELK.

Are you running Gen2 UPB? If so, you will need a special ELK XSP Flash that allows you to send UPB through the PCS "Phase repeater" since the standard call for a "Multi-Packet" request out of ELK.

-=*Sharby*=-

Are you running Gen2 UPB? If so, you will need a special ELK XSP Flash that allows you to send UPB through the PCS "Phase repeater" since the standard call for a "Multi-Packet" request out of ELK.

-=*Sharby*=-

I am running version 1.0.42 which according the the documentation on ELK's site supports PCS. There is no special version for GEN II available for download. Where did you read there is a special version for GEN II?

-=*Sharby*=-

I am running version 1.0.42 which according the the documentation on ELK's site supports PCS. There is no special version for GEN II available for download. Where did you read there is a special version for GEN II?

I had ELK provide me an unreleased BETA flash with corrected all of my UPB-G2 issues in my house. I have the flash if you want it.

-=*Sharby*=-

-=*Sharby*=-

I had ELK provide me an unreleased BETA flash with corrected all of my UPB-G2 issues in my house. I have the flash if you want it.

-=*Sharby*=-

That would be great since I cant call them till tomorrow and I work till 8 (can you email it to [email protected]). Surprised it is not more common of a problem and stated on the forums. I checked Homeseer, CQC, and here and ELK's and nothing.

Thanks

I am running 1.0.42 and I currently have PCS PIM, SAI, HAI and PCS switches as well as a PCS repeater and it all works fine through the M1, meaning the M1 can control any of the Gen I or Gen 2 devices. There was an issue prior to .42 where the PCS PIM would not work correctly but it's fine in .42. So, there may be some enhancements past .42 but I'm not convinced that's why it doesn't work.

I dont see why a repeater is needed as I had reliable communications with nothing but added a phase coupler as insurance. The signal is very strong everywhere I have a device per upstart. That and there is no noise is probably why communications are basically 100% from what I can tell.

I will try the beta firmware and see where it goes. I need this up and running in a few days since I changed out a couple of SAI dimmers for HAI relays and added some Web Mountain Applianclincs I got a good deal on for the holiday lights.

Sharby were you able to find the file? I am working 12 hour days lately and cant find the time to call ELK for it. I have a party Friday night and some lights not working because of this.

Thanks.

Back