TR60 Thermostats Communication Failure

reko19

I have been using two TR60 integrated with ELK for about 6 months.  Today, for the first time, I had a "communication failure" error on one of the units.  It looks like communication between the control unit and wall unit failed. As soon as I did a power reset it started working again. Since this is a summer home two hours away, this power reset took me 4 hours. I am wondering if someone knows what could be a reason for this.  This error makes it completely inoperable with no heat at the house which is obviously a concern.

thank you

If nothing else, I'd at least ensure you have a way to remotely power cycle it!  There are power strips, outlets, etc that can be remotely controlled; or you can use relays to cycle power.   I install them at all my client sites - it save me the cost of them in warranty/troubleshooting calls.

:hesaid:  In some cases, a simple appliance timer will do. Recycle the power once (or more) per day whether it needs it or not.

Good ideas.  I am hoping this was a one time glitch.  Does make me worry though, loosing a heat in the house is no joke. Would be good to know why it happen to begin with before I spend $300 on a new thermostat or do something else.

Do you have the Elk monitor the temperature using a M1ZTS?  That way, if the communication with the thermostat fails, the M1 could still notify you if the temperature gets out of range.

I thought so too. For some reason I can't see it thru eKeypad. Do I need to enable it using ElkRP somehow? Thank you.

No Worries Such thing happend to me to.. I did the same I just pulled the plug out & re connected & it statred working in no time.

Back