Went to download changes to OPII program, and when it started downloading, there was a network error with the controller.

Your router ip is 192.168.1.254. That should not be part of the dhcp range. That should be set to 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.253.
Your subnet mask should be set to 255.255.255.0
What is the HAI ip address? It should be one of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.9 or you can get into issues with dhcp reservations. For example, if the HAI ip is 192.168.1.100 you should set your DHCP range to 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.253
Hello dwalt:

That was my mistake thinking the the 3 254s. for the subnet mask. It is not 254, it as you say, 255. My careless mistake in an attempt to speedily answer you qestion as this, as are all technical challenges we have now a days, seem to take forever to resolve! The HAI address is 192.168.1.40 and as I said before it has been that, statically applied in the Linksys, since day one. My Arris is considered my router in my network which is why the linksys does not have that number. The WRT3200 is cascaded off of the ARRIS BWG210. It was all set up by HAI Star Dealers and as I I have said, it has work great for 15 years. Unfortunately, they are focusing of different products now, and I have yet to find a dealer in the area that wants service what I have.Plus, the rates have gotten nearly prohibitive, i wanted to try my luck on CT first. Not totally "out of the woods" yet, but hopefully soon. Just have to figure out now, who the video consoles will not come back on.

Thank you for your responses and help!

Best,
Jim

Right now most important is that the Ethernet connection stayed up which means your OmniPro Ethernet port is not failing.

The error screens are relating to using newer software with older firmware chip.

Some suggestions:

1 - reconfigure your new ATT Arris BGW210 LAN IP subnet / gateway / DHCP scope such that it matches the old Linksys router
As @dwalt mentions above make sure that the DHCP scope ranges does not overlap the IP of the OmniPro panel.

2 - remove the Linksys router as it will not be needed anymore - IE: no need for a double NAT at this time.

3 - test (ping) the connection to the OmniPro panel from your office PC. It should work fine.

3 - purchase an upgraded rom chip for the OmniPro panel. Easier written than to find one these days.

Guessing that your Linksys is configured as follows:
Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DHCP scope: 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254 (this is flexible and you will have ~ 150 free IPs)

Configure your new ATT router with same as above.

Connect your OmniPro Ethernet port to the new ATT router with an IP of 192.168.1.4. Any computer on that network will be able to access your OmniPro panel.

Last edited:
As Pete says above... HAI IP 192.168.1.40.
To configure your HAI 5.7e touchscreens -
Returning to the configuration page
To return to the Configuration Page at any time, press on any blank space on any page of the OmniTouch 5.7e Touchscreen, and hold for 5 seconds.

Above from an earlier message of Pete's.
If your touchscreens are dead, they may be powered by a separate power supply near the OmniProII. A picture of the OmniProII and what is near it would be helpful.

Right now most important is that the Ethernet connection stayed up which means your OmniPro Ethernet port is not failing.

The error screens are relating to using newer software with older firmware chip.

Some suggestions:

1 - reconfigure your new ATT Arris BGW210 LAN IP subnet / gateway / DHCP scope such that it matches the old Linksys router
As @dwalt mentions above make sure that the DHCP scope ranges does not overlap the IP of the OmniPro panel.

2 - remove the Linksys router as it will not be needed anymore - IE: no need for a double NAT at this time.

3 - test (ping) the connection to the OmniPro panel from your office PC. It should work fine.

3 - purchase an upgraded rom chip for the OmniPro panel. Easier written than to find one these days.

Guessing that your Linksys is configured as follows:
Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DHCP scope: 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254 (this is flexible and you will have ~ 150 free IPs)

Configure your new ATT router with same as above.

Connect your OmniPro Ethernet port to the new ATT router with an IP of 192.168.1.4. Any computer on that network will be able to access your OmniPro panel.
That is beyond my present knowledge. Att has blocked getting into portions of that router and I have too many things that are further up on my priority list. This was not an intentional project....it happened, and it affected so much of my daily living, I had to deal with it immediately. Now it is the video consoles I have to operational because the system does not work without manual intervention either with Myro Home on my iPhone or the External Access Keypad (at least I can get into my house with using a key again!!) as I cabn not set time and date, yet.

That is beyond my present knowledge. Att has blocked getting into portions of that router and I have too many things that are further up on my priority list. This was not an intentional project....it happened, and it affected so much of my daily living, I had to deal with it immediately. Now it is the video consoles I have to operational because the system does not work without manual intervention either with Myro Home on my iPhone or the External Access Keypad (at least I can get into my house with using a key again!!) as I cabn not set time and date, yet.
I have also been trying to find a 4.0 chip. But do you not need PCA 4 to run it have never heard of it. I believe the PCA3 I have goes to to 3.15, at least that were the choices in the error message pull down list. I say a post recently written by someone who said the had some chip and left them a post that I would like to get one...but have heard nothing.

Jim

I have also been trying to find a 4.0 chip. But do you not need PCA 4 to run it have never heard of it. I believe the PCA3 I have goes to to 3.15, at least that were the choices in the error message pull down list. I say a post recently written by someone who said the had some chip and left them a post that I would like to get one...but have heard nothing.

Jim
You do not need a version of PC Access that is the same as the firmware release.
The last firmware release is 4.0b
The last release of PC Access is available on this forum in the resources section.

The reason you can't set the time is there is a bug in the version you have that quits setting the time in 2019. HAI released the patched version to fix it. Please check the URL provided above or go the resources page.

You do not need a version of PC Access that is the same as the firmware release.
The last firmware release is 4.0b
The last release of PC Access is available on this forum in the resources section.

The reason you can't set the time is there is a bug in the version you have that quits setting the time in 2019. HAI released the patched version to fix it. Please check the URL provided above or go the resources page.
Just installed the PCA 3.17 about 4 minutes ago and set the time, and then went to the appropriate place in PCA to put my Zip and a minute later, Allison (who's voice is used on the annunciator) said, "30 minutes to sundown" (which I encoded in the automation for various reasons), was "music to my ears!" Only thing left is to get the OmniTouch 5s operational. They still will not present with the GUI interface. I imagine I should start a new thread for that.

Thank you all for helping to get this going again!

Jim

Back