Schlage LiNK hardware now available at Lowes.com

don't worry Rupp, it's just that you didn't mention CQC. IVB would have left you alone if you did. Since he brings up CQC in just about every thread that exists on this and AVSForum. :rolleyes:

Come on guys, this is not how we welcome new members to the site. It's important that new users feel welcome here, and confusing them does not help at all. I do think that some are pushing certain products a little too hard, and it's something I am going to start paying attention to now.

auto man, please keep us updated, as your experience/review will help others out as well.

HomeSeer supports all Z-Wave devices and the Schlage lock code is currently being added. Hopefully it won't be long now until we can use this lock. I do know that Schlage is using a beta library that hasn't been adopted and this is why other devices aren't working with it. I also know it will take a new Z-Wave interface to work with this device as the new commands will have to be loaded onto the controller. It will take a field upgradeable controller with enough space to hold the new approved library to control these battery operated security devices.
Not trying to get in the middle of this p match, but does HomeSeer CURRENTLY support the Schlage or not? Rupp, this single post is contradictory and your further posts don't help clarify. Is the "new" Z-wave interface available?

HomeSeer supports all Z-Wave devices and the Schlage lock code is currently being added. Hopefully it won't be long now until we can use this lock. I do know that Schlage is using a beta library that hasn't been adopted and this is why other devices aren't working with it. I also know it will take a new Z-Wave interface to work with this device as the new commands will have to be loaded onto the controller. It will take a field upgradeable controller with enough space to hold the new approved library to control these battery operated security devices.
Not trying to get in the middle of this p match, but does HomeSeer CURRENTLY support the Schlage or not? Rupp, this single post is contradictory and your further posts don't help clarify. Is the "new" Z-wave interface available?
Good point Wayne. HomeSeer obviously doesn't support all Z-Wave devices or the Schlage lock wouldn't need to be added now would it. :) What I was attempting to articulate albeit weakly was that HomeSeer supports auto man's other Z-Wave devices ie lights and modules and Rick is currently adding support for the new locks. When this is complete the locks and a new controller will be available to control these locks and any other devices that uses the same library. I really wasn't trying to push anything on any one. I was just trying to let auto man know that his purchase wasn't in vain and that there are solutions that will work with these locks.

Good point Wayne. HomeSeer obviously doesn't support all Z-Wave devices or the Schlage lock wouldn't need to be added now would it. :) What I was attempting to articulate albeit weakly was that HomeSeer supports auto man's other Z-Wave devices ie lights and modules and Rick is currently adding support for the new locks. When this is complete the locks and a new controller will be available to control these locks and any other devices that uses the same library. I really wasn't trying to push anything on any one. I was just trying to let auto man know that his purchase wasn't in vain and that there are solutions that will work with these locks.

that is great but Homeseer is not advertising that it currently supports the lock.
However When I purchased the system Schalge claimed to support thermostat, cameras, sensors. The only thing it does is lights and locks.

Oh and by the way I guess they heard me as the switch thing is fixed I can turn on a light as well as off. ...

Hey ,
I got a interesting email fowarded to me regarding using Zwave thermostats in the Schlage control.

"The Trane Thermostat model TZEMT400AB 32MAA that will work with Schlage LiNK will be available mid-May. Currently there are no Z-Wave thermostats on the market that have the updated security device class that will work with Schlage LiNK."
"The Z-Wave Trane Thermostat will contain the most recent firmware device class of 5.02 that will work with the LiNK system. Z-Wave Thermostats on the market today are not updated with this device class and will not work with the LiNK system. This Thermostat will be available in mid-May."

I thought this zwave stuff is supposed to be interoperable? From the posts here and on the homeseer board Zwave thermostats have been working for some time now. I know that only the door lock that came in the schalge kit used a security program. The plug in module needed no security key to pair,nor did the Intermatic switches I got at a closeout.

Is there some technical thing I am missing.

Thanks folks

auto man,

You are not alone... Here (http://zwaveworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=496) is a long thread from a guy that goes by thezman who is also fighting this issue. Micasa Vera is the best solution so far according to his thread. It's a nice product also. I just got one in last week for reviewing and although I have only testing my Wayne-Dalton thermostat and a light switch I can say that it was very easy to setup.

Well I will just have to wait and see if the it all works out.
I wonder what I can get for it on Ebay?
I just hate that I have spent several months on service for what? A fraction of the services.
I'd like to know if anyone here would buy a combo meal and leave the store with only the burger. and say oh well Iguess they neded the drink and fries more than me.

I looked at micasa and it seems to have a lot more to offer, and it's not a brand name. I hate to throw more money at this.
Let us know how you make out with the review. I'd be interested.

I looked at micasa and it seems to have a lot more to offer, and it's not a brand name. I hate to throw more money at this.
Let us know how you make out with the review. I'd be interested.

I actually requested the Vera so I could review the FortrezZ water detector. So I am still waiting on that product to show up before I write the review.

Just FYI, I feel your pain about these products that carry the z-wave logo and are not performing as advertised. This is exactly what is making me try UPB now instead. My feeling is that the Z-Wave Alliance should be enforcing their own rules about the use of the Z-Wave Speaks logo and they are not. It's really pissing a lot of people off and its going to end up hurting all the z-wave product lines. Basically there are a few bad apples that are going to spoil all the rest. There are a few good manufactures such as Leviton, Micasa, ControlThink, Micasa, and probably a few more. If you like Z-Wave and want to stick with it all I can say is don't live on the bleeding edge of technology. Use what has been around for a while and tested by others. Lighting products, motion sensors, and thermostats are your typical products and are probably safe to purchase. Anything else is bleeding edge technology including, Hawking HomeRemote and the Schlage LiNK which have got really bad press.

If you are looking for a gateway I have tried and can recommend the mContol from http://www.embeddedautomation.com/ which has been around for a while or the newer Vera from http://micasaverde.com/ which is new but is said to be the best controller on the market and supports the most devices.

So far I have been extreemly impressed with Vera from http://micasaverde.com/. It's very easy to include devices and it includes a lot of the advanced features such as the ability to program multi-button in-wall controllers. mControl on the other hand uses the ControlThink PC SDK for their backend which is an advanced piece of software. So anything ControlThink can do mControl should also be able to do.

Thanks Skuintz,

What I wonder is how these companies get away with statemets about their products that cause a consumer to make a purchase and turn out to be aparently false. To then find out that no one cares. You hear so what. This is from a major company. Schlage has been around for a long time. This is not some small time widget company. I guess I am too honest and I don't see the BS.

Back