Schlage LiNK hardware now available at Lowes.com

Update: While you can buy the lock right now at Lowes.com, it will also be available at your local Lowes stores sometime between May 25th and June 1st.

Update: While you can buy the lock right now at Lowes.com, it will also be available at your local Lowes stores sometime between May 25th and June 1st.

Yea ,
Well we purchased the link system for our vacation 2nd home. The lock seems like a good product itself. We were expecting to be able to control other zwave products like motion sensors and thermostats as well as use the video that schalge claims.
Well I installed the system purchased other zwave devices like light switches and dimmers. We also got one of those zwave thermostats really cheap under a 100 bucks.

The only thing that works is the Dimmer module that came in the package. I bought a switch to control the Flourescent light in the kitchen and I can only turn it off by the Schalge link web portal. Frustrated with the light I installed the thermostat. I clicked on the Icon in the Schalge Browser and get a message
" Support for thermostats is coming soon. As a Schlage LiNK subscriber, you will be the first to know when we add support for thermostats and other new devices."

Schlage support has not offered much help. I hear now that it may be June before it gets fixed.
This is so frikin outrageous they are still charging full price for the monthly service.

HomeSeer supports all Z-Wave devices and the Schlage lock code is currently being added. Hopefully it won't be long now until we can use this lock. I do know that Schlage is using a beta library that hasn't been adopted and this is why other devices aren't working with it. I also know it will take a new Z-Wave interface to work with this device as the new commands will have to be loaded onto the controller. It will take a field upgradeable controller with enough space to hold the new approved library to control these battery operated security devices.

HomeSeer supports all Z-Wave devices and the Schlage lock code is currently being added. Hopefully it won't be long now until we can use this lock. I do know that Schlage is using a beta library that hasn't been adopted and this is why other devices aren't working with it. I also know it will take a new Z-Wave interface to work with this device as the new commands will have to be loaded onto the controller. It will take a field upgradeable controller with enough space to hold the new approved library to control these battery operated security devices.

What does homeseer have to do with the Schalge system. Seer does not even work the lock and they don't make any claim to. I am paying for a service not rendered.

go easy on the guy, auto_man; he thought DavidL was getting too far in front in the contest for "Most random mentions of an HA software engine in threads they don't belong"...

I'm not quite sure waht you are getting at. Sorry if I am seem a bit dense.

I was just posting my experience with the Schlage system.

sorry, DavidL (aka smoothlk) used to constantly talk up MainLobby on threads where it's totally unrelated. I was just abusing Rupp for doing the same thing.

auto-man, welcome to CT. Thanks for sharing your experiences, from what I have heard about this system, you would be better off with the Black and Decker hardware ;) Keep us posted tho, many manufacturers watch this site :rolleyes:

auto-man, welcome to CT. Thanks for sharing your experiences, from what I have heard about this system, you would be better off with the Black and Decker hardware ;) Keep us posted tho, many manufacturers watch this site :rolleyes:

Woosh , this is a tough crowd. I accept your welcome.
I'd like to reitter that the lock itself works well. It's just the other features I am paying for don't work and I don't see how they did not know it before they released for consumers to buy.

The Black and decker version is a motorized lock similar to the non Zwave one from Kwikset you can get at Home Depot. My friend has one and he has had problems with the lock not locking. There is no manual knob on the outside to force it. I did not want to have the same issue. I really don't mind having to turn a knob.

I'll post if schalge makes things work.

I think I'll stick to cars

I hope those B&D locks won't have the same problem ... Schlage is also on twitter, facebook etc, if you don't get any answers, start posting on there.

I hope those B&D locks won't have the same problem ... Schlage is also on twitter, facebook etc, if you don't get any answers, start posting on there.

Just looked at twitter , It seems they say june they will have thermostat working.
I got this thing months ago. The store won't take it back cause it's used.
What a rip.

What does homeseer have to do with the Schalge system. Seer does not even work the lock and they don't make any claim to. I am paying for a service not rendered.
I was letting you know that there are total solutions that do work with Z-Wave devices and these locks. Sorry I tried to offer a solution that works. Let us know when you get the Schlage offering working with any other Z-Wave devices.

go easy on the guy, auto_man; he thought DavidL was getting too far in front in the contest for "Most random mentions of an HA software engine in threads they don't belong"...
When the software engine works with all of the parts of the post I'm not sure I see this as a random mention. The user was letting us know that the Schledge so called solution didn't work with other Z-Wave devices. I guess we can't mention package that do now?

Also why did you single out David and I when 2 other posters in this forum mentioned software packages that work with this lock system? Are we only allowed to metion the packages that are hosted via this message board now? Let mw know and I'll attempt to not offer any postes that metion competing HA packages.

When the software engine works with all of the parts of the post I'm not sure I see this as a random mention. The user was letting us know that the Schledge so called solution didn't work with other Z-Wave devices. I guess we can't mention package that do now?

Also why did you single out David and I when 2 other posters in this forum mentioned software packages that work with this lock system? Are we only allowed to metion the packages that are hosted via this message board now? Let mw know and I'll attempt to not offer any postes that metion competing HA packages.

Gee wiz look what I started. YOu guys have been here a long time and I am a newbie. achalge was the only company that worked when I made the purchase and all the other HA companies were on a wait and see. So I went with a 100 year old company that Screwed me. I was wrong sorry. I'm still not sure what other company really works with the schlage.

Back