Omnipro II and UPB PIM

It's not the same one.

I have a serial connection configured to the OP2 running old Homeseer 2 with the OP2 serial port. On the UPB PIM RS232 end you have to combine the RTS and CTS and DCD, DTR and DTE as the above drawing shows. For the pure serial connection for Homeseer I am only using 3 wires: RX, TX and Ground (did this connection 15 or so years ago)....The UPB PIM needs the DCD connection to the panel. (4 wires - RX, TX, Ground and DCD).

You can't brick the UPB PIM tinkering with the RS-232 connection to it.

Here always tinkering and utilize all of the serial ports on the OP2 plus the X10 port. The old Homeseer serial application works OK except for Thermostat control.

Last edited:
It's not the same one.

I have a serial connection configured to the OP2 running old Homeseer 2 with the OP2 serial port. On the UPB PIM RS232 end you have to combine the RTS and CTS and DCD, DTR and DTE as the above drawing shows. For the pure serial connection for Homeseer I am only using 3 wires: RX, TX and Ground (did this connection 15 or so years ago)....The UPB PIM needs the DCD connection to the panel. (4 wires - RX, TX, Ground and DCD).

You can't brick the UPB PIM tinkering with the RS-232 connection to it.

Here always tinkering and utilize all of the serial ports on the OP2 plus the X10 port. The old Homeseer serial application works OK except for Thermostat control.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help and time. I will play with it more tomorrow.

Instead of using an RS-232 to RJ converter...just get an RS-232 shell and feed the four wires in to the shell and connect them to the RS-232 leads.

1699937951657.png

I thought you already had purchased a second HAI PIM. I originally purchased the HAI UPB PIMs to have hot spares. I have seen the RS-232 PCS UPB PIMs used on Ebay.

I was trying to do it with only one PIM. Sorry for any confusion. I purchased one last night and I should have it Monday.

Back