New User New install - can't get motion detectors to set off alarm

av8r

Sorry for the dumb question, but I can't get my motions sensors to arm.  I've searched the forums and can't find the answer.

This is a new install, I'm upgrading an old Ademco to a Omnipro II and using all motion sensors, and I don't have any door switches yet.  They are configured as Away Int and they go "not rdy" when tripped.  If I arm the system, in AWAY mode, then trip a motion, all I get is "not rdy" for which ever motion gets tripped, but no alarm indication.

Everything looks completely normal, not sure if I need to do a master reset or something.

Do you have a multimeter?

Are there EOL's installed?

What type of motion sensor (model)?

Is the "not rdy" only read during motion (i.e. it goes back to normal/not violated with no motion)?

BSR,

Thanks for the quick reply!  All the zones are good.

Ok, did some more trouble shooting.  Works perfect with Haiku. 

Here's the real problem:  I press AWAY on the console, it arms, but displays DAY (so the motions are not armed).  When I use Haiku and arm in AWAY mode, the console says AWAY (so the motions ARE armed. 

So the problem is: pressing AWAY on the console arms in DAY mode instead of AWAY mode.

Still stuck, but at least I know I have the zones wired correctly.

DELInstallations said:
Have you tried opening a door then closing it after arming?

Bingo.  Unvacated Premises is set to Yes.  Here is how it's described by HAI:

"If “Unvacated Premises” is enabled, if no exit zone is violated during the exit delay (i.e. the premises was not vacated), the system will automatically arm to Day mode at the expiration of the exit delay"

Neillt you are bad ass and so is your dog!  Wondered what unvacated premises meant.  Thanks!

Awesome forum.

av8r said:
Neillt you are bad ass and so is your dog!  Wondered what unvacated premises meant.  Thanks!

Awesome forum.

Thanks!  You might want to cozy up to those 2 books that came with the panel over a nice adult beverage for a night.  Lots of little things like this in there.

Back