"alarm acknowledged" when trying to arm

lupester

My M1 has been working fine with hardwired and wireless contact alarm zones. I have added 3 motion detection/glass break sensors. Each sensor has 2 zones....1 for motion and 1 for glass break. I think i have configured them correctly because the motions only get monitored on away(exit) status. However if they detect motion they show violated on the ElkRP status. Then when the motion stops the status goes back to normal.

All of these zones are in 1 Area.

The problem I am having is now when we go to arm the alarm and the readout says "Ready to Arm" we push the exit or stay button to arm the alarm the M1 comes back and says "Alarm Acknowloged" and will not let us arm the alarm. I have to turn the power off and back on the M1 to be able to arm the alarm. However it seems that only works once and them when we want to rearm the alarm I have to power cycle the system again. Can you instruct me to what is possibly going on?

Performed this per Elk tech support....worked for 1/2 day now back to same issue:
Next try completely defaulting the system and then reloading the account:

Default the entire Control

Make sure your ELK-RP Account is up to date with information in the panel
Press the ELK key on the Keypad
Screen should display 1-View/Control Automation Fncts
Press the 9 key
Screen should display 9-Installation Programming
Press the Right arrow key
System should prompt you “Auth Required Enter Valid PIN†---- 172839 Factory Default
Screen Should display 01-Bus Module Enrollment
Type 07
Screen should display 07-Global System Definitions
Press the Right Arrow Key
Screen should display G01:=x….
Type 45
Screen should display G45:DefaultCtl 81=User Codes
Press the Right Arrow Key and Type 99
This step will default the system back to Factory Settings
This defaulting process may take 45-60 seconds
Reconnect to the system, perform the Bus Module Enrollment and then “Send Allâ€
Retest arming and disarming.

Anyone else run into this? I have downloaded the latest firmware from Elk.

Regards,
Lupester

Try putting your code in again after the "Alarm Acknowleged" reply. It sounds like the new detectors are in fact setting off the alarm somehow. The first time you put in your code, it acknowledges the alarm (ie turns off the alarm). Then you can generally use the up and down buttons to read out the alarm codes to see what zone set off the alarm. Then you have to enter in the code again to actually clear out the alarm status.

I think you are trying to set the alarm without clearing out the alarm status completely. When you turn the alarm off, it clears the status, but only until the next time the new detectors set off the alarm.

Actually last night I disabled all the glass breaks and motion detectors so the new sensors should not matter. I will check your recommendation about putting in the code again.

you should only get that "Alarm Acknowledged" message if the alarm was set off (sirens and whatnot)... can you check the log to see if anything is violated while the Elk is armed away mode?

I entered the code and it said "Alarm Acknowledged" again. Then when I push the up or down key it says "No Zone Violated". No alarm shows up in the log.

Try putting your code in again after the "Alarm Acknowleged" reply. It sounds like the new detectors are in fact setting off the alarm somehow. The first time you put in your code, it acknowledges the alarm (ie turns off the alarm). Then you can generally use the up and down buttons to read out the alarm codes to see what zone set off the alarm. Then you have to enter in the code again to actually clear out the alarm status.

I think you are trying to set the alarm without clearing out the alarm status completely. When you turn the alarm off, it clears the status, but only until the next time the new detectors set off the alarm.

I entered the code and it said "Alarm Acknowledged" again. Then when I push the up or down key it says "No Zone Violated". No alarm shows up in the log.

Go into the system and disable every zone. Then try arming again. If it works, re-enable the zones one by one to figure out which one is causing it.

Back