M1 to control sprinklers

I am also wanting to be able to remotely trigger the sprinklers - some are several hundred feet from the house. I don't have the net on my phone so was thinking of using something like VOCP (linux) - an IVRS that can be set up with menus using DTMF. I have a modem that works (no minor feat) but DTMF detection doesn't seem very consistent. I need to do a bit more testing but I think I will have to go to something like the SPA3102 with asterisk or more low level code like multimon that uses the soundcard and can decode DTMF. If anyone has done anything like this I would like to hear about it. I would rather not reinvent the wheel...

Just a quick update. I have a rule set defined and I have the system watering 3 times a week right now. Monday and Todays watering went without a problem.

Did anyone put a rule together that can take in account for Rain delays? I've been trying to think the logic through and I think it can be done. Just need to start playing with it.

One project out of the way, now I just need to wire up my MD, contact, glass breaks and sirens.

Thanks again for all the help everyone!!

Did anyone put a rule together that can take in account for Rain delays? I've been trying to think the logic through and I think it can be done. Just need to start playing with it.

Rain Delays? I brought my rain sensor into a elk zone, and just disable all rules for irrigation, and turn off zones if on when it is tripped.

My system is running great, but that pic from jml makes me want to get the flush-mount cover and sink my 14" can in the wall... really does seem much nicer.

Back