LumenLink 1.0 Released

hello J9,

I tried your program using 2 Vizia RF+ and 3 Sylvania light switches and the Sylvania master remote. I can add all devices except the Sylvania wall plug in module and the Vizia RF+ 4 button swich.
After strting the LumenLink the software reads all nodes and the status of the Vizia RF+ including the dim level.
After changing the level on the wall switch there is no auto update on the LumenLink but in the manual it says it will auto update.
I also can not get update info on the Elk m1 ethernet webserver or the TS07 touch panel.
i noticed that when I turn the elk m1 on/off it updates the correct level one time.
Talking to elk they told me that vizia rf+ does not send the info to the RS232 interface when changing the level on the switch.

Attachments

• lumenlink.JPG
    lumenlink.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 20
The Vizia RF master remote is required for advanced features. I'm actually surprised you were able to name a couple of your devices... I assume those are the 2 Vizia RF+ switches?

The level change notification is only supported if you have the ViziaRF remote... I believe this is true between the switches themselves as well.

How do you have your elk set up? Are you using the Elk Z-Wave module, or do you have a standard serial module plugged into an RZC0P? The RZC0P will send level change notifications via RS232 (but I believe it requires the Vizia RF master remote).

If using the standard serial module, what version of the vizia rf firmware do you have running on it? I don't believe the version I have polls for the light levels on startup.

Johnny

hello J9,

I tried your program using 2 Vizia RF+ and 3 Sylvania light switches and the Sylvania master remote. I can add all devices except the Sylvania wall plug in module and the Vizia RF+ 4 button swich.
After strting the LumenLink the software reads all nodes and the status of the Vizia RF+ including the dim level.
After changing the level on the wall switch there is no auto update on the LumenLink but in the manual it says it will auto update.
I also can not get update info on the Elk m1 ethernet webserver or the TS07 touch panel.
i noticed that when I turn the elk m1 on/off it updates the correct level one time.
Talking to elk they told me that vizia rf+ does not send the info to the RS232 interface when changing the level on the switch.

The RZCOP is connected to the ELK-M1 via ELK-M1XP running sw version M1XSP_Vizia_20.0.3_22Aug08.bin (11KB).

There re 7 z-waves in the Network:

1) one Vizia RF+ VRI10 (works but no status update)

2) one Vizia RF+ VPR15-LW appliance module (works but no status update)

3) one Sylvania Master remote SH50201 (PROGRAM THE SYSTEM AND COPIED TO rzcop)

4) two Sylvania z-wave lamp module (not working with the RZCOP)

5) two Sylvania SH50401 one-way Wall switch (works)

When changing the dim level on the switch there is no update.

After turning the M1 on/off it discovers the correct dim level but only one time.

I ordert ThinkEssentials® Professional Edition with USB stick. I hope that dont need the Vizia RF+ remote with this software.

Sky

I ordert ThinkEssentials® Professional Edition with USB stick. I hope that dont need the Vizia RF+ remote with this software.

Sky

the thinkstick usb stick will replace the need for the rzcop nevermind the vizia remote. you should be fine with any zwave remote that can replicate as far as the thinkstick is concerned. just need to make sure all devices are the same frequency, i.e. US vs. non US.

Sky

the thinkstick usb stick will replace the need for the rzcop nevermind the vizia remote. you should be fine with any zwave remote that can replicate as far as the thinkstick is concerned. just need to make sure all devices are the same frequency, i.e. US vs. non US.

How would the Thinkstick USB replace the RZCOP ? I still need the RZCOP to interface with my ELK-M1.
My question was if I still have to buy the Vizia RF+ (VRCPG-SG) remote to program the RZCOP for 2-way comunication or would the ThinkStick do that for me.
The main goal is to get rid of remote controls and use TS07 touch panels because I keep searching for my remotes because kids or wife displacing them.

Back