LumenLink 1.0 Released

johnnynine

Formerly codename Lightcrawler.

This is the official release of LumenLink 1.0.

Features:
  • Auto-discovers your Z-Wave network.
  • Displays levels of all devices (such as light brightness)
  • Displays names and types of devices.
  • Allows editing of node names.
  • Change levels of selected nodes.
  • Change levels of nodes grouped in RZC0P.
  • Define groups in the RZC0P.
  • Export metadata to Elk Products ElkRP application.
    [sub]Release of ElkRP application fully supporting the exported file by Elk Products is pending.[/sub]
For more details, support forum, and download please visit johnnynine.com.

Thanks to all the beta users for your feedback.

Johnny

-wave network management application using the .NET 2 platform
So does that mean there's going to be an SDK? Is it just for the RZC0P, or will it cover other dongles as well?

-wave network management application using the .NET 2 platform
So does that mean there's going to be an SDK? Is it just for the RZC0P, or will it cover other dongles as well?

I had some extra time today and released the Z-Wave .NET API beta. You can read about it here.
I will be releasing the RZC0P class library that LumenLink and the wip automation engine uses in the near future. LumenLink does not have an SDK or any plugin/extendability support, but if this is desired it could be added.

LumenLink only works with the Vizia RF RZC0P rs232 module... because Leviton was kind enough to release documentation for it.

Johnny

edit: added note about beta api release.

This is great!!

Now its time to get the M1's M1XSP serial port expander software upgrade released to support Lumenlink, RZCOP, and Zwave.

This is great!!

Now its time to get the M1's M1XSP serial port expander software upgrade released to support Lumenlink, RZCOP, and Zwave.

I'm all set with the M1XSP, Lumenlink, RZCOP. If there is some firmware floating around for the M1XSP that makes it all work and needs to be tested let me know.

Any release data on the new firmware?

Mike

This is a bit off topic, but I've made significant progress on the automation engine that I started in December.

It started as just a way to get the Elk M1 and Vizia RF to talk to each other, but I've burned the midnight oil and ended up with an extendable automation system. I thought I would have an alpha release out soon after the new year, but I was on such a roll I kept adding new features.

Check out the basics here.

If anyone is interested in writing some driver's PM me... it's a simple plugin interface for those .Net coders out there.

I've got a few drivers already written:
  • Elk M1/M1 Gold
  • Vizia RF/Z-Wave
  • Date/Time
  • Timers
  • Global Variables
  • Weather
  • X10 MR26A receiver
  • X10 CM17A Firecracker transmitter
  • Desktop
And here's a run down of the current working major features:
  • Windows Service. It runs in the background even when you are not logged in.
  • Multi-threaded. Rules can be run concurrently.
  • Event Driven. Events can occur asynchronously - polling is unnecessary for most drivers.
  • Distributed Network Architecture. Drivers, user interface viewers, web server, desktop server can be run on multiple computers - anywhere in the world.
  • Plug-in Architecture. Third parties can add plug-ins. Currently they must be written using Microsoft .NET.
  • Lightweight Client. Drivers are downloaded from the master server on demand and do not need to be loaded onto the client machines.
  • Built-in Web Server. ''(in progress)''
  • User-Interface Display (such as touchscreen) (currently graphics and graphic buttons only)
  • User-Interface Display Designer Tool
  • Text to Speech support.
  • Control desktop applications.
  • Play wav file.
  • Send Email.
and more.

It's still in it's alpha stages but it does work as described.

For more information and documentation check out johnnynine.com

Johnny

When you say "autodiscovers network" do you mean the RZC0P/lumenlink is the only controller needed or are you assuming a hand held remote has already set up the system and the RZCOP has been included as a device in the network? thanks.

Back