I really want a web based automation program

jlehnert said:
I'd never use Flash & done in the same post.
You can mention them in the same post. Just realize the "done" refers to you, not the programming......
;)

You give me too much credit. I just spent another hour last night trying to figure this stupid thing out, i'd have given up a long time ago if adobe hadn't changed their photoshop download area to be all flash-based.

Reason I don't what homeseer is cause I don't like the IDE. I like being able to show floor plans with status like you can with CQC. Also, shouldn't have to learn asp or .net to make a webpage either.

What we need is a hybrid of CQC and HS. CQHS!!

Just download either UltraView floor plan plugin or the more expensive Maestro plugin and you'll have your front end interface without writing a line of code.

Anyone who is using Homeseer Pro have any thoughts. I want a home automation system that doesn't require a separate PC. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the $2500 price tag. Thanks.

Could NComputing UTMA software be installed on Homeseer Pro Hardware to let Homeseer use TouchTronic RelayTouch Screens without the need for an additional PC?

We have not tried the NComputing stuff on the PRO-100, but it should work. RedRadio has an in-wall touch screen based on the NComputing stuff, looks pretty nice. We have no problem customizing the OS for our dealers if they need something that is not in the base OS.

We are putting together some audio/video tutorials on how to use various features of HS. I'll put one together on how to use Visual Studio to create your web pages. No matter what system you use, creating HTML pages from scratch is not that easy. But with a few tips, I think you will see how easy it is to create web pages with VS and not have to write any HTML at all. There is some progamming involved, but only in regards to accessing HS itself.

-Rich
HomeSeer Technologies LLC

dbinaz said:
Reason I don't what homeseer is cause I don't like the IDE. I like being able to show floor plans with status like you can with CQC. Also, shouldn't have to learn asp or .net to make a webpage either.

What we need is a hybrid of CQC and HS. CQHS!!
Dbinez,
The combination you are looking for is the MainLobby / MLHSPlugin / Homeseer combination. Graphical front end that doesn't require any programming (just configuration which is less difficult than actual programming) tied to Homeseer services if you need something in there that MainLobby natively doesn't handle.

dbinez,
Even with your background, itstill takes time and after you are done, still doesn't cut it from a looks / flexibility perspective.

Meaning that even with your web development skills (which immediately puts you towards the more technical of users), it will take you time to build HTML / ASP / Java, etc webpages that will still not look as good as a Mainlobby user interface that can be configured in a couple of hours. Which can then be changed when you get tired of the look or navigation or want to add a new capability to your system.

Back