HAI, 2 x Yale zwave locks and VRCOP RF+3 integration

Rob: Well I can't seem to get my ELK to work now either in fact I can no longer control any of my 32 nodes any more for some reason. I can only control the lights now and the lock using hyper terminal so I have taken a step backwards. I even gave up and reset every device and rebuilt my network but that only made it worse. Now my 4 button controllers don't work . I had down loaded the latest version of the Vizia RF installer tool just the other day and now for some reason the controllers will not associate with the individual dimmers even though the report says they are. So I have a brand new mess on my hands!

Dogman,
That was very similar to where I was stuck, hyperterminal worked fine, but not the Elk. I used lumenlink and exported the node table to elkrp and everything functioned correctly from the elk, including the lock, which has nothing to do with the lighting table.

Cheers,
Rob

Yeah I used Lumenlink 1.3 as well but still no love. Maybe something else has happend possibly the M1XSP maybe has failed. More troubleshooting tonight.

Rob: Can you post your text file and rules you are using for getting your lock to work? I finally got my network working again but still no luck on the lock through the M1.

Rob: Can you post your text file and rules you are using for getting your lock to work? I finally got my network working again but still no luck on the lock through the M1.

Texts

>N2SS98,1,0^M To unlock the door
>N2SS98,1,255^M To lock the door
<n002:000,113,005,022,001 To be received when the door is manually unlocked

I used the back door to open and close the lock (which is on the front door)
Rules:
WHENEVER Back Door (Zn 3) BECOMES NOT SECURE
THEN SEND THE FOLLOWING TEXT: ">N2SS98,1,0^M" THROUGH PORT 4

WHENEVER Back Door (Zn 3) BECOMES SECURE
THEN SEND THE FOLLOWING TEXT: ">N2SS98,1,255^M" THROUGH PORT 4

WHENEVER THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS RECEIVED: "<N002:000,113,005,022,001" THROUGH PORT 4
THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE 1 TO [email protected] (Email1)

Hope that helps, the send messages work reliable, but I can't get the receive rule to work at all, and I have tried a variety of texts.....

Project X I finally got it working at least to the same level you have. I had upgraded to the new version of the RF installer 1.0.8.0 on the Leviton website and rebuilt my network but nothing was working right so I called Leviton support and we determined their latest version had a bug so they reverted back to 1.0.6.0 on the website and once I went back to that version and redid my network things started working again. I will let you know if I have any luck on the receive rule

Well I don't get that part cause none of my controllers were recognized using the 1.0.8.0 software and I was unable to associate anything to them. Go figure. The Leviton rep said their Vizia RF installer developers were aware of issues on that version but my problem was a new one to them. So I cannot get responses either when testing for a manual lock or unlock. Looking at the Text string box in ELK RP it says that all received text strings must have a Carriage return and since the VRCOP+3 doesn't seem to do that on responses maybe this is why we can't get it to work. I am assuming the M1SXP doesn't send anything to the M1 unless it sees that carriage return. In looking at the manual for the M1XSP they mention it as well but not related to the Vizia stuff but related to UPLINK 2500 so it must send a carriage return when it communicates. I am thinking this might be why ELK is releasing a new special Z-wave interface device any day now. I also went back to one of my old posts and remember I emailed ELK about this months ago when the VRCOP3 came out (before I bought one) and they said it will control the locks but will not be able to get status feedback from them. I totally forgot about this part until I was just digging through some email. The new device was supposed to be released 4th quarter this year but I don't see anything on their website about it. So sounds like if we want status updates on locks we get to give ELK more $.

Obviously there is something going on at receive end.
But I'm pretty sure that I see a carriage return in Hyperterminal (otherwise everything received would be on one line).
I emailed Brad about the new z-wave interface, and he didn't have an update.

I might try sending "<n002:000,113,005,022,001^M" from HT to the M1XSP and see if it receives it and fires the rule...

Well I don't get that part cause none of my controllers were recognized using the 1.0.8.0 software and I was unable to associate anything to them. Go figure. The Leviton rep said their Vizia RF installer developers were aware of issues on that version but my problem was a new one to them. So I cannot get responses either when testing for a manual lock or unlock. Looking at the Text string box in ELK RP it says that all received text strings must have a Carriage return and since the VRCOP+3 doesn't seem to do that on responses maybe this is why we can't get it to work. I am assuming the M1SXP doesn't send anything to the M1 unless it sees that carriage return. In looking at the manual for the M1XSP they mention it as well but not related to the Vizia stuff but related to UPLINK 2500 so it must send a carriage return when it communicates. I am thinking this might be why ELK is releasing a new special Z-wave interface device any day now. I also went back to one of my old posts and remember I emailed ELK about this months ago when the VRCOP3 came out (before I bought one) and they said it will control the locks but will not be able to get status feedback from them. I totally forgot about this part until I was just digging through some email. The new device was supposed to be released 4th quarter this year but I don't see anything on their website about it. So sounds like if we want status updates on locks we get to give ELK more $.

dogman, what type of controllers were you trying to associate? I can't get the stick to identify either an ha07 or a ge 45600 remotes...

I have 3 4 button leviton scene wall controllers VRCS4-1LX and a couple of 1 button leviton scene controllers. When I reverted back to rf installer 1.0.6.0 version I had to exclude each controller and re-include them in order for them to be recognized by the software . So you may try the same thing.

Dogman: Elk has now released the Elk-M1XSLZW. It's a special serial expander made to work properly with the new Leviton VRC0P +3 and ZWave door locks, including 2-way status feedback in the Elk web interface, as well as advanced capabilities that cannot be achieved using a regular M1XSP (with either of the VRC0P's). Works like a champ here in our lab. Let me know what you think of it if you decide to go that route. Hope this helps.

The problem with new Elk interface to the VRC0P is that it only supports a very small subset of the commands send from the lock to the VRC0P. In fact, it is such a small subset, I cannot believe that there was a technical reason to not use the M1XSP with new firmware.

Trey: Yes I was aware of the new M1XSLZW and as Project X states it's two way status ability is very limited. I emailed ELK to confirm that it only can receive the Lock or Unlock status of z wave locks and they confirmed that. I would have guessed it would have been able to at least provide battery status and user id status but it cannot according to ELK so it is kind of disappointing.

Back