ELK M1XEP not sending emails

Dan,
Thanks for the help. I'm using a Linksys BEFSR41, which has several other workstations successfully using Port 25 for SMTP outgoing email. Is there anything that I should be doing to the router?

ISP is Comcast cable with their Motorola modem. I have several other workstations on the router successfully using outgoing SMTP on Port 25 without troubles.

That combo should definitely work. Can you try using the IP address of the SMTP server instead of using the name (if you haven't already tried that).

I got it to work with help from Elk Tech Support. Two things: 1) I setup a free email address that does not require SSL at lavabit.com. 2) I changed the TCP/IP settings from static IP, etc. to DHCP. Rebooted and everything worked fine. Not sure why the static IP didn't work and don't really care, as long as it works. Elk also reminded me that when sending Emails from Rules, ELK-RP must be disconnected.

I got it to work with help from Elk Tech Support. Two things: 1) I setup a free email address that does not require SSL at lavabit.com. 2) I changed the TCP/IP settings from static IP, etc. to DHCP. Rebooted and everything worked fine. Not sure why the static IP didn't work and don't really care, as long as it works. Elk also reminded me that when sending Emails from Rules, ELK-RP must be disconnected.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.

I never did get it working and it is difficult for me to call Elk tech support due to the 5 hour time difference I have.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.

I never did get it working and it is difficult for me to call Elk tech support due to the 5 hour time difference I have.

Thank you very much for this. The above steps got my email working as well. Now to set up the emails...

Back