ALC Lights not working from OmniTouch

gym4im

I have an OmniPro II with about 5 ALC Lights on it covering the outside perimeter of my house. They all work fine from the switches, but do not work from the controller (Touch pads, iPhone, iPad, PCAccess).

I thought it was a "no brainer" and got a new ALC board. Installed that and same thing. Not working.

If anyone has come across this before, would appreciate any pointers you may have to offer.

Thanks,

I just read somewhere that someone had problems with there ALC switches several times and it was because of "events" that "took out the low voltage side of the switches". That could possibly be what happened. If that is the case, I am wondering what might be a good replacement for these lights. We had to use ALC as this was a retro-fit in an older house and that wing had no neutral wire for some reason, so we used ALC.

Being familier with only UPB, would any of the other formats out now work instead of the ALC?

Thanks,

Are these on the regular or enhanced hub?
If no enhanced hub, check the voltage of across the wh/bl "+" and bl "-" of each switch. You should see about 4.2volt DC. If not, check the cat5 connections.(I used gel yellowjackets) To limit the change of power surges, I have the Ditek DTK-2MHTP teclo protectors in my setup.

ALC is usually bulletproof---no issues in 3 years
All address set correctly?
Have you never been able to control them from pc access?
Do you have the dealer version?

Hub? You mean the ALC Board? It is a black board in there now...the original was green....if that means anything.

I got a direct, or it certainly seemed direct) hit of Lightening about a month ago. The house is on a full surge protector plus I have others scattered around. I noticed the lights about two weeks after that as they were on and apparently have been on during the day, unnoticed. Don;'t know if that has anything to do with them not working.

I have been able to control them from PC Access and I have the dealer version.

Nope, not the ALC board on the panel.....some installs connect the alc switches to either a "standard" or "enhanced" branch hub---makes it easy to troubleshoot. ^_^ The hub is then connected to the alc board on the panel.
Check the voltage on the polling loops, since there is no enhanced branch hub, there is no way to isolate which switch is causling problems, thus all could be affected. Should you come accross 1 or more that are less than 4.2v DC, that switch will need to be replaced or repaired.----yes these can be rebuilt.. Just a guess......and this is just a guess.....you may have had a power surge. I would strongly recommend using the Diteks... I have a couple of spares. PM if interested. Also have a couple of branch hubs too.
Let us know what the voltage readings are.

Back