1/2, 1/4 gang brackets, wall plates

Small world, I just bought a Kyle 3-gang plate a few weeks ago. 2 blanks and a Decora, for a duplex outlet and a surface mount LED puck light power supply.

Since starting this thread, I've generally avoided visible cable connections to the wall, when possible. All 7 of my surface mount speakers hide, or will hide, the penetrations.

Ganging the LV with line voltage (combo TV boxes, divided boxes, combo box/ring) takes care of most of my other issues.

So then for your surface mounted speakers you just have the wires coming out of the wall to the speaker?

Here went with single box metal rings keystone covers for 4 of them inside of the house.  Outside on brick did it differently.

I used Kyle switch plate covers for single switch over double box wall switches.  Kyle was the only store that offered these plates.

pete_c said:
So then for your surface mounted speakers you just have the wires coming out of the wall to the speaker?

Here went with single box metal rings keystone covers for 4 of them inside of the house.  Outside on brick did it differently.

I used Kyle switch plate covers for single switch over double box wall switches.  Kyle was the only store that offered these plates.
Yes, surface mount L-R (workshop) and LCR (family room) speakers.  Speakers hide the cable penetration through drywall.  The surface mount speakers I've seen usually have enough space behind the connectors to accommodate the cable.

Surface mount outdoor speakers (garage) use the bracket as a pass-through.  The garage speaker brackets look like this:
BracketECSAW70.jpg

The speaker cable passes through the center hole.

You mean this plate?  
2-gang-1-rocker-centered-switch-plate-cover-spjc__48919.1348000592.1280.1280.jpg

Ahh....using similiar brackets for my surface mount speakers.  I have one pair set up as 2 of 7 in the family room and one pair set up in the garage.  I just put the single thin metal rings in place with plastic covers with 2 keystone jacks / speaker posts.  The thin metal rings are totally flush with the wall and the rings were installed next to the bracket.  The speakers are over the plates such that you cannot see them.  It was just a PITA to mount / connect the speakers.  Outside the endeavour was a PITA on the brick.

Yes I used that plate from Kyle.  I originally removed single mudplates replacing many 4X4 boxes with dual mud plates for two automated switches.  I did this part when redoing / repainting the rooms.  I went then to dual load single UPB switches for a smaller footprint.

Back