x10 pro XPS3 working temperature

vbdino

Hi

I am trying to find the operating temperature for the wall switch x10 pro XPS3. Any ideas. I want to install it in an unheated garage.

I live up north in Quebec city, so it probably gets down to -15 celcius in the garage at some point during the winter.

If I recall, they're not very expensive... certainly couldn't hurt to try... I use equipment outside the operating specs all the time and it does fine. Worst case, I've seen some cool little contraptions that use a small lightbulb (christmas light or otherwise) in an enclosure to keep temps where they need to be. I'd bet you'd be just fine though - these items generally keep themselves a little warmer just by their own nature inside a wall-box.

I have used indoor X10 appliance modules, outside, in colder weather (and burried in snow), so I think you should be ok. I just did a quick search, and I can't find those specs either, very weird.

Hi

I am trying to find the operating temperature for the wall switch x10 pro XPS3. Any ideas. I want to install it in an unheated garage.

I live up north in Quebec city, so it probably gets down to -15 celcius in the garage at some point during the winter.

We have cottage in southern Ontario and while I don't have that specific switch, I have a bunch of x10 stuff that handles the winter without issue. Nothing in the cottage is heated in the winter.

Hi

I have one in my unheated garage in St. Paul, MN. It gets down to -15 to -20 Celsius here and I have not had any problems with it.

Back