what's your electricity usage?

If it makes you feel better, I was speaking to a friend who is currently in St Croix. Electricity is apparently $28.5 per KWH there....

Feel better yet?

But he chooses to live in a known and expensive area :( Many people who live in 'affordable' areas are getting hit with higher rates because of Katrina etc.

electron said:
I forgot about where you live Rupp, not sure if those heaters would do the job here in NY. Also, 12.5A is pretty high, especially in a living room environment where there are other appliances running. Looks like a good deal tho.
My plasma, and 3 lights are on. Is that a lot of A?

Mike said:
If it makes you feel better, I was speaking to a friend who is currently in St Croix. Electricity is apparently $28.5 per KWH there....

Feel better yet?
WOW. At my peak usage in August my bill would be 28.5 * 3012 = $85,842.00

Can that be right?????

Hard to say without knowing details, but are all these devices on the same circuit as the heater?

Mike said:

Feel better yet?
Mike, isn't it 28.5 cents per KWH instead (or $0.285)?

I know that there is a price of living in the Caribbean. I live there too, but at those prices (about 150 times what I pay here in Puerto Rico) it would be cheaper to install distribution lines from here to St. Croix. Its just a few miles.

You need to be logged in to see the output.
You need to log in to see the attachment :)

Looks good. Looks like he got the idea from a jon00, who we are familiar with. I still have to go check my meter to see if there is a blinking LED.

I use about 26kwh / day.

My utility co. prints a year long chart with all your usages for each month on your bill Average daily use and avg. daily temperatures for the month. I think that's rather nice of 'em.

I'm sorta disappointed in you guys. I'da thought you had current transformers on all your circuits. hooked to your PC . :)

realolman said:
I'm sorta disappointed in you guys. I'da thought you had current transformers on all your circuits. hooked to your PC . :)
After this thread, power monitoring will definitely be moving way up on my project priority list!

realolman said:
I use about 26kwh / day.

My utility co. prints a year long chart with all your usages for each month on your bill Average daily use and avg. daily temperatures for the month. I think that's rather nice of 'em.

My utility bill is a post card with big numbers on it and that's all. You have to keep the cards and do the calculations if you want to know how much you use.

electron said:
My bill shows the entire year as well, pretty nice for sure.
We have that too. It shows you the 6 previous bills (here the bills are bi-monthly) in terms of consumption and dollar amount. Very convenient because you can compare last year's consumption for the same time period as the one currently being billed.

Back