What does your current HA system consist of?

mustangcoupe

This poll was discussed in the CT chat over the weekend. We thought it was a good idea to find out what the community is currently doing as a whole. This is only for devices you have, not for those you want or think you might use ... We will be doing another poll for that after this one is out there for a bit.

Some of the items fell into multiple categories so I broke it up as best as I could.

edited poll to add None of the above and fix CO2~CO

I tried to vote but got an error. Something about that I did not select a radio button choice. I don't see any radio buttons on the forms.

I tried to vote but got an error. Something about that I did not select a radio button choice. I don't see any radio buttons on the forms.

My choices did not count either... Also, if possible, perhaps we should also be allowed to "change" our votes, as our systems change through time. There were about 3 choices I could not answer, until after this weekend that is...

The percentages numbers given seem to be irrelevant, since this is a multi-answer poll. For example 14 of the 18 current respondents say they have lighting control, but it only shows 25.93%. Similarly, 14 of 18 have WiFi for 25.45% and 14 of 18 have distributed music for 21.88%.

One edit needed: In the Security/Safety section, don't you mean CO (Carbon Monoxide), not CO2 (Carbon Dioxide)?

Thanks,

Kevin

I have added None of the above to fix what I beleive may have been an issue for polls not taking if you did not choose one of the answers and also changed CO2 to CO. as this was a error on my part.

Polls can only be taken once per user, and not changed.

Excellent! Not only is this a poll, it serves as a great To Do list!

Time to roll up my sleeves ...

I don't know if this can be fixed, but the percentages pertain to using radio buttons and not check boxes. The percentages add up to 100% the way it's set up now, when it should be tracking the percent of total users. For example, as of right now, in the What type of items do you control? section, you have 22 respondents out of 27 checking Lighting. That would be 81.48% of the respondents, yet the graph shows 22.92%. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Kevin

Of course beyond "Some Day within the next year", there is "Proof of Concept", "Alpha", "Beta", "Production" and "Repeatable" levels of implementation for all of those "I do this in my house" responses.

That list and status changes on a regular basis in my house. probably with many of yours as well as many cocooners are constant tinkerers at heart.

It would take some time to figure out how to fix the way percentages are calculated, so it's not something I can fix right now, sorry. If it becomes a problem, then maybe the polls should be split up.

No problem, Dan. Splitting them up wouldn't make a difference. Each poll section totals 100%, so it would have the same results in separate polls. It seems as if the polling software treats the check boxes as radio buttons and figures the percentages based on only one response per section rather than accounting for the allowed multiple responses.

Thanks,

Kevin

Yes the percentages are wrong, but you can get a feel from the total number of votes (see the bottom of the poll) it shows the total number of people who voted.

This poll was discussed in the CT chat over the weekend. We thought it was a good idea to find out what the community is currently doing as a whole. This is only for devices you have, not for those you want or think you might use ... We will be doing another poll for that after this one is out there for a bit.

What about voting for equipment that you already own but haven't actually installed yet :angry: (That's how I voted).

Yes the percentages are wrong, but you can get a feel from the total number of votes (see the bottom of the poll) it shows the total number of people who voted.

Thanks, Mustang. I didn't know if there was a switch in the poll software to adjust the percentages.

Thanks for the poll!

Kevin

Back