VRCOP-1LW+3 , Elk M1, and Schlage BE469 Locks

hmatos

I have all the pieces to integrate Z-Wave locks into my Elk M1 - but I've been running into issues trying to associate the locks to my VRCOP and Elk M1XSLZW.  Does anyone have the BE469NX locks working with the Leviton VRCOP and the Elk M1 M1XSLZW?

Thanks,

A quick search would've shown some answers.
Basically the locks are waiting on a firmware update that nexia/schlage is finalizing. They pretty much don't work with any controllers other than the nexia bridge out of the box. The vera has a firmware 'fix' that's still being tested.
Schlage is developing a way to apply the update with multiple manufacturers at the moment. You may be able to enroll them but you will not get status and they may or may not work properly.
Hopefully the fix will be released soon!

My Schlage locks are currently working with an Aeon Labs Z-Stick II and HomeSeer.  I need to move off of that platform and tie them directly to my Elk M1 (at least until ISY has production Z Wave Control).  I've already tried adding them to the Leviton Primary Controller and they do enroll.  The problem comes in when I try to do an association back to the secondary controller (i.e., the VRCOP).

I believe I have the latest version of the firmware - just purchased it and it's a +3.  I'll verify when I've had a chance to pull it out of the box again - I was actually going to just give up and return it.

I believe that Kwikset and Yale supports the Z-Wave association class, so any time the lock is manually manipulated the status is reported back to VRC0P+3. I have two Kwikset locks that work correctly with VRC0P+3 and Elk M1XSLZW. I used Leviton RF Installer Toolkit and VRUSB.

Leviton has a beta version of the Installer tool that will finally allow the BE469's to be associated with the VRC0P.
They won't give a release date, other than "soon", but Worthington has the beta and it is working.
Anyone interested should call Leviton tech support and 'inquire' (as in hurry them up!) about the release date.

Back