Video Surveillance Works to Catch Thief

BraveSirRobbin

Video Surveillance Works to Catch Thief

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57560637-71/ups-man-charged-with-stealing-ipad-mini-fedex/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

that's why a cheap $500 camera system in a box is worth an infinite amount of money...Something is better than nothing.

that's why a cheap $500 camera system in a box is worth an infinite amount of money...Something is better than nothing.
Yup... that was my thinking as well. I also decided not to hide them so they would aide in being a deterent.

It's luck, still, really. I've had several things stolen in plain sight of my cameras. The cops look at it and think my system is cool, but they can't do anything about it unless the guy does something that afternoon so dumb he gets caught red handed and they then recognize him from my video.

Also, I'll point out some basic information that those who homebrew their own solutions always seem to forget....watermarking and the digital encoding codecs and format.

Even if you have high quality video, facial recognition, etc. it'll quickly get thrown out by a creative lawyer if those items don't exist. Usually, unless the quality is irrefutable, the investigator is hoping the person admits to it when it's presented to them....very common tactic.

Back