UPB HLC problems

heffneil

Hey all happy new year!

I am struggling with a problem.  I figured out what is happening but not how to fix it!  My lights in my family room would be on every morning.  I thought it was my son going in there before we all woke up but I was away and noticed it on cameras.  I finally narrowed it down to the command at 2 AM in my programming of my Omnipro II that says 

FAMILY ROOM OFF

So this is supposed to turn off that room entirely.  Not working.  This is room 1 in the HLC setup.  Not sure how or why it changed but I am trying to figure out how I can correct this.  Do I need to use upstart to fix it or whats the best way to figure out what in the world changed and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Neil

What command is "FAMILY ROOM OFF" sending?  Once you know which UPB LINK is being sent, you can use UPSTART to examine the individual switches and determine what their receive configuration is set to do.  You can have a link called "OFF", but if the receive config says go to 100% on receive of that link, then that's what they'll do.

Ok I fogured that out.  It is Scene 002 but whats interesting is that it doesn't look like Scene 002 in upstart.  It shows my Fan at 100% which was correct but i have three other switches that turn on.  One is in the Scene and shows 0%.  It is odd to me that there are still switches from this room not in the right place.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Ok I reprogrammed the OFF button on my scene switch.  I think that fixed it. I am going to test more.

You can use UPStart to examine each switch's programming, and monitor all of the UPB traffic.
If you auto programmed the HLC switches through the panel, it sounds like something got corrupted.
You can always program them through UPStart as long as you respect the HLC unit and link allocation scheme.

Back