Software for A SmartLinc Controller

MisterPJ

I found an original "in the box" unopened SmartLinc 1101b in my closet, but not the software to operate it. I was able to locate an old link on here that had an old version of the required software (apparently PlatoTW.exe), but apparently it will not run on a Windows 10 PC!

I had posted a few weeks ago seeking ideas to run my IR home theatre components from my Omni Pro II, but did not get any responses.  It would appear that this device could be perfect for that application, but it requires the software to operate it.  Does anyone have any ideas or leads?  Thank you in advance, Philip

Have you tried running in a compatibility mode for older software?  It's an option in Windows 7 and later to be able to run backwardly compatible (to some extent).

Bill:
      That was an excellent suggestion, so I read how to do it in MS help. Tried all the variations that were available, but kept getting the same message that "it will not run on this version, contact vendor for later version." (Not possible).  If anyone has gotten this to work - or can - I would welcome the assist.  Thanks again, Philip

Here is the earlier page I found the software link (this is for the Touchlinc 1121, so if we get it working, not sure it drives the Smartlinc 1101b, but it is all I have found so far):

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/9546-touchlinc-1121-model/

Thank you for your response.  I have the manuals and everything is "new in the box." It is just the software needed to run this on a modern Windows 10 computer that is lacking.  All help and suggestions appreciated!

Back