[Review] Simply Automated US22-40 UPB switch

Bumping an old post here...

Does anyone know if the US22-40's have been updated to fix the simultaneous push-button issue?

I'm looking at doing a dual rocker w/ 4 pushbuttons, but I would see my kids always pushing both paddles at the same time for both loads (light & fan).

Custom.Series_clip_image034.jpg

as a work around, what I did was setup logic in my controller.

I basically say, if you push OFF, and the light is OFF, then turn "both on" link to activate...which then turns them both on.

Besides that...nothing as of yet...

I know I've had extensive conversations with SA regarding getting "single tap" - link1, "double tap" - link 2 types of things.

--Dan

I basically say, if you push OFF, and the light is OFF, then turn "both on" link to activate...which then turns them both on.
Yes, as a work around, this works for you and it would work for me, but it wouldn't work for my wife, kids, houseguests, etc. It's not intuitive to the way a switch should work. I think I'd be better off with the single rocker w/ 4 buttons so that the dual button press wouldn't be so likely to occur.

I know I've had extensive conversations with SA regarding getting "single tap" - link1, "double tap" - link 2 types of things.
I've been using PCS UPB switches since 2003 and from the very first time I programmed a switch in UPSTART, I asked why there wasn't separate links for single click and double click. That feature alone would add significant flexibility. I've basically used the logic that single click turns on the local load and double click does a scene in the room. This has worked well for me, but yeah, I'd like two links also.

Yes, as a work around, this works for you and it would work for me, but it wouldn't work for my wife, kids, houseguests, etc. It's not intuitive to the way a switch should work. I think I'd be better off with the single rocker w/ 4 buttons so that the dual button press wouldn't be so likely to occur.

True. I have had to do the same. What I generally ended up doing where things needed to be intuitive (and should apply to you) is instead of using a split top rockers, as you have linked the picture, but put a SINGLE rocker on the top, and push buttons everywhere else. Then, the user turns the light on off with the rocker. The other buttons would send out links that would turn on the fan. I typically use the push toggle configuration (whatever it's called). Push once, toggle on, push again, toggle off. Other then that, the wife and I just "trained" to not push both rocker buttons at once (in the kitchen). Of course, I'm not trying to do exactly what you are, where a user WOULD want both on at once.

--Dan

Back