Premise Premise and Russound CAV/CAM6.6

Motorola Premise

icellama21

Is anyone using the alpha Russound CAV6.6 driver? It does not have any documentation and I can't figure out how to create any devices or objects or from it after loading in Premise 2.1. Thanks!

I've never used the driver (don't own any Russound equipment) but I loaded the driver and it does create objects that represent a CAV6.6.

Right-click Devices > Russound and select New > CAV66Master.

Attachments

• CAV66.png
    CAV66.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
Hmm, perhaps I haven't loaded the dll correctly. I copied it to the devices folder and I do see the Russound device under the devices menu. However right-clicking does not offer a "new" option. I'm going to see if I can find another native DLL to install and see if I am doing the right steps. Is the source code for this driver around? I've been working on some other drivers for RNET and I wouldn't mind taking a look.

I'm not sure what went wrong so I'll just list the installation steps and you decide where things may have gone awry:
  1. Copy sprussound.dll to C:\Program Files\Premise\SYS\bin\devices
  2. In Builder's main menu, select File > AddIns
  3. In the "Install or Remove Premise Components" form, ensure "Devices" is selected, then enable the "Russound" option. Click OK.
  4. In Builder's Shortcut Bar, select Devices.
  5. In the Explorer window, navigate to Devices > Russound
  6. Select New > CAV66Master
If that doesn't work, restart the Premise Server service and try again from step 4.

To my knowledge, the author never released the driver's source code.

I have just installed and started playing around with Premise. I have 2 Russound CAV6.6 controllers and have successfully loaded the driver and 1 controller. I tried to add a 2nd controller but it won't let me change the controller number. Is it possible to run 2 controllers with this driver?

It doesn't look like it...what happens if you add the second controller to a separate serial connection?

Back