POTS line replacement options

pbo

My ATT bill has creeped up to $79 a month and I want out. Im thinking of moving to Spectrum VOIP. Would that work well to contact the central monitoring? I have 2way enabled also. I tried a Telguard TG-4 but never could get 2way to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul O said:
My ATT bill has creeped up to $79 a month and I want out. Im thinking of moving to Spectrum VOIP. Would that work well to contact the central monitoring? I have 2way enabled also. I tried a Telguard TG-4 but never could get 2way to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
My son tried that (different companies and location) but monitoring people will not accept anything but copper. His alarms sits unconnected to anybody for five years despite his forced community fee to monitor. He uses VoIP for phones.

I switched from using copper to using Ooma a couple of years ago and have not had any issues with it and my OmniPro 2.

I left the copper on for a long time and was hesitant to switch. 

Basic Ooma package is free except for the monthly 911 tax (~ $6 / month)

I am using a secondary cellular connection for failover with a combo cellular modem that provides a line and internet connectivity.

The secondary cellular connectivity is one of a few packaged SIM accounts with T-Mobile ($20 / month). 

Use Next Alarm here (many many years now).

Back