Pool security

Wally32

Hi everybody,

What piece of equipment can I use to alert me when the pool gate is being opened. I have an elk M1 and looking to install some kind of extra security around the pool. I looking to add more toys to my Elk

Thanks

Would not any Elk compatible wireless reed switch/magnetic security contact work? If you want something heavier duty or more appropriate for the outdoor setting perhaps a garage door sensor? Most are encased in metal, screw down rather than use adhesive, and are weather resistant.

There are plenty of ways with the Elk... Do you plan to wire or go wireless - and if wireless, do you have a wireless receiver in place already?

If you need wireless and don't have a receiver already, it's perfectly easy to do a single channel transmitter/receiver.

For contacts, start looking at gate contacts or even large-gap garage/rolling door contacts.

To play devil's advocate, be very sure that you don't need a specific pool-alert system, usually dictated within code when the pool is "fenced" in by a house on one side or immediately adjacent to the house. I have never met an AHJ that would allow an alarm panel be used specifically for a pool alert system without a bunch of other concerns being addressed as well.

Back