PCS MiLightStyle Anybody using it?

Digger

Is anyone using the PCS MiLightStyle? I have one and never really did anything with it since the documentation is not released. I fired it up again today and I am gett error messages if I try and update the firmware or enable internet access.

Anyone know when the documentation might be released? Any new on firmware?

Just picked one up today. Got it up and running in about 10 minutes. Waiting on better ELK M1 integration. I can check with PCS on revisions for you on Tuesday. My MLS reads version 3.0.14. Let me know.

It's just like an ISY so it's pretty easy to use. I am getting some wierd error messages so I have to reboot it.

That is the latest firmware but I can't see what I have since I get an error message when I click on the "about".

If you have ekeypad you might want to message Jayson as he is working on it and you may be able to beta test.

Once the elk module is ready it should really tie everything together. Should be soon.

According to PCS they are still working on the manuals. Also not all UPB devices are supported at this time. They are still working with Simply Automated. I have a mix so that is why my system is having problems.

Has anyone had any success with this? Mine has been back on the shelf the past two months waiting for the SA device support to be finished. I wish UDI had more time to spend on this. Also wish UDI or PCS had a forum for it.

The holidays are not far off and could really use a good UPB controller that works wiith the ELK. Speaking of that i wonder how the ELK Module for the ISY and MiLightStyle is coming

I've been trying to get together with Scott from PCS to give the MLS a shakedown. He's been traveling alot and I've been busy also. Not sure what's happening.

I wish that they had more time to spend on this. Once its complete it should be great. I have mine since last year and i gave up on it long ago. I keep hoping someday it will be complete.

If they could get this working it'd give UPB a better chance in smaller installs. I have a market for people who only want a couple devices plus smartphone control - and this *could* be the solution... but the way it is right now, I have to skip UPB and go Z-Wave and include a Vera. That hurts UPB as a whole.

If they could get this working it'd give UPB a better chance in smaller installs. I have a market for people who only want a couple devices plus smartphone control - and this *could* be the solution... but the way it is right now, I have to skip UPB and go Z-Wave and include a Vera. That hurts UPB as a whole.

There is the Web Mountain device but it does not intergrate with the ELK the way the ISY, MilightStyle and Vera do.

PCS has been working on this for over a year. They advertise it that is works with any UPB device but so far its PCS devices.

I spend a lot of time @ the PCS booth, and have a great video of the MLS in action. It seemed to work pretty well, but they do admit that they don't support all non-PCS UPB devices yet because they haven't received the specifications from SAI, etc. I'll have the video up later today.

I spend a lot of time @ the PCS booth, and have a great video of the MLS in action. It seemed to work pretty well, but they do admit that they don't support all non-PCS UPB devices yet because they haven't received the specifications from SAI, etc. I'll have the video up later today.

I agree it "will" work great once they get the mapping information and update the firmware. Its just taking soooooo long (waiting since December). I have a mixture of everybodies UPB devices with a lot of them being SA because of the faceplate options. I wonder is it SA not giving it to them for a reason?

I think the advertising is misleading since they seem to say they support third party UPB devices. "Once installed, Mi LightStyle enables an end user to easily monitor, control and manage UPB-driven PulseWorx and third party products from any device that can connect to the Internet".

I need to do something soon as I lost all of my automated lighting at the begining of the year after spending months playing with the controller (only to find out recently why it wasnt working). I wish they had been more forthcoming.

May be time to buy the Web Mountain or just go back to the ELK control but without accurate status.

Keep in mind that they are targeting Pro installers, who tend to be more familiar with all these technologies and potential limitations. PCS made it sound like it was an SAI issue (while UPB is a standard, extra features require different mapping, and are different for most non PCS devices). I'd check with SAI and see if you can get an answer out of them.

Keep in mind that they are targeting Pro installers, who tend to be more familiar with all these technologies and potential limitations. PCS made it sound like it was an SAI issue (while UPB is a standard, extra features require different mapping, and are different for most non PCS devices). I'd check with SAI and see if you can get an answer out of them.

Sounds like ebay time for my Mylightstyle then. The "limitations" should be noted (firmware only supports PCS devices etc). Heck they dont even have instructions out yet when I looked at their website a few days ago.

Back