Nuvo LSA40 Local Source Amp

Neurorad

I bought an LSA40, to use a TV and Nuvo through the same pair of speakers. Haven't installed it yet.

LSA40 shipped with a mono cable (3.5 mm male at each end), to connect the headphone output of the TV (variable, confirmed) to the LSA40. LSA40 Instruction page, however, says 'stereo' jack.

Can anyone confirm that this will work with a stereo 3.5mm cable? I'd like to confirm that this is the right thing, before installing it. At this point, I can still scrap the LSA40 and just use an AVR.

Thanks for any and all input!

Thanks, Charlie.

I'm surprised it ships with a mono cable.

But, I guess it shouldn't really matter much, as the speakers will be right next to the display; not much stereo separation possible, for this location.

Sorry I am here to help but with a question : ) I just moved in to a new place. There are 2 speakers in my dinning room ceiling. At the corner of the wall there are 2 pair of black and red bare wires for speaker's input. Could I use LSA40S connect to these bare wires and play mp3 from my ipod w/ these spears? Thanks!

shoot! I meant I NOT here to help...i have been looking for a nice and neat amp for whole day already. must got some brain damage

That's not what it was designed for.

It's a switching amp that either plays the provided amplified signal from the Nuvo amp, or amplifies the input from a local TV. The input from a local keypad provides a trigger for the switching.

It might work, if you have one already. But there are cheaper options.

That's not what it was designed for.

It's a switching amp that either plays the provided amplified signal from the Nuvo amp, or amplifies the input from a local TV. The input from a local keypad provides a trigger for the switching.

It might work, if you have one already. But there are cheaper options.
Thank you for this!

Looking for some ideas regarding the LSA40. I have a Nuvo Essentia and in one zone (sun room) I have a TV that I would like to redirect it's audio to the Nuvo's speakers when we are using the television. I believe the LSA40 is the right way to go here but am a little perplexed regarding where I should install it. From what I can tell the speaker wire (which today runs from the ceiling looped through wall box where the Nuvo control pad for that room is located and on to the Essentia in another part of the house) needs to been connected to the LSA40 and then on to the Essentia head unit. Also, a 12v trigger needs to be run from the LSA40 to the Nuvo keypad. Obviously the TV line-level audio and power need to also run to the LSA40. I could either install the LSA40 behind the TV (and then would need to find a way to get the speaker wire there + the 12v trigger from that location to the keypad) or install it next to the keypad in a double-gang wall box (and just get the TV audio to that location, plus some power).

Questions are: (1) are there limitations to the length of the 12v trigger? If I put the LSA40 behind the TV, that's likely to be something on the order of 30ft. (2) Is the LSA40 the best solution for this application? The audio out from the TV isn't amplified. Should I just try to run a line-level cable from the TV to the Essentia itself and make the TV a source for the Essentia? That run would be approx. 50ft.

Does anyone have a suggestion for using the LSA40 with a samsung tv with a fixed audio out? Just set up my system & found that I can't control volume with my samsung 6500 series 40" LED...

On some TV's, the output is SW controlled (variable vs. fixed). Have you looked at the audio section of the Samsung's menus? I had exactly the same issue and just used a different TV (I had two Sony's in the house; one with variable out and one fixed - so I swapped them). I don't think there is an easy way around this issue as the LSA40 doesn't have the ability to vary the output.

Thanks, but after some research it looks like the samsung tvs have fixed analog and digital audio out, so I may have to look at some sort of preamp with IR control to go behind the tv... the current location of the tv makes switching tvs impossible due to size of space (otherwise I'd look at sony since they have fixed/variable out)

I don't know if the Parasound Zamp has IR or 232 control of volume, but try searching for Zamp alternatives at Remotecentral.com .

Powered sound bar may be a good option, one with IR control.

I have a trigger from a Nuvo KP running 50 feet without issues, LSA40 behind the TV.

AVR in a cabinet or closet may be a good option, if you want a center channel or sub someday.

I recently installed an LSA40 to power the audio from a TV on a screened porch. I used CAT6 to carry the line level audio from the TV (RCA L and R out) to the LSA40 which I mounted in the same cabinet with the NUVO Essentia. The run of CAT6 is approx. 50 feet. The 16/4 speaker cable link between the LSA40 and the NUVO was then only about 1 foot. The trigger between the NUVO control pad on the porch and the LSA40 was over CAT5 and about 40 feet. I have a faint but audible 50 or 60Hz hum when the tv is off and the NUVO control pad on the porch is off. Any thoughts on what might be to culprit? I soldered on the RCA connectors (for the TV end) and the 3 conductor 1/8" mini plug (for the LSA40 end) onto the run of CAT6 that connects the TV to the LSA40. Is there some grounding issue I may be overlooking?

When the TV and Nuvo KP are off, you have a hum?

If you have 1, or several, really long extension cords, try plugging the LSA40 into the same outlet as the Nuvo. There may be a difference in ground potential between the 2 devices. I think Nuvo offers a power extender for the LSA40 that allows you to lug it in at the location of the controller amp. If the extension cord fixes the hum, I'd discuss it with TS.

Next, I'd try a store-bought long RCA- 3.5 male stereo cable for the TV to LSA40 run.

Then I'd try a balanced extender for the audio.

I had some trouble with a similar hum when I first set 1 up in one zone, but it went away. Could it be a loose connection of the male 3.5 plug into the LSA40?

Since some of the solutions involve $ and time, run it by TS before attempting. I'm truly a novice.

Back