New Elk Firmware Audio Control

icellama21

Has anyone used the new ELK M1 firmware to control a whole-house audio system? I've only played with it briefly, and couldn't get it to work with a Russound CAM6.6. I need to look more closely at what was happening, but nothing is coming out on the IP232 side. Is this feature functional or should I wait to do some debugging?

Has anyone used the new ELK M1 firmware to control a whole-house audio system? I've only played with it briefly, and couldn't get it to work with a Russound CAM6.6. I need to look more closely at what was happening, but nothing is coming out on the IP232 side. Is this feature functional or should I wait to do some debugging?

Did they release the new matching M1XEP firmware? It’s my understanding this is needed for the new audio functionality to work.

Did they release the new matching M1XEP firmware? It’s my understanding this is needed for the new audio functionality to work.

My understanding is that the required firmware for the M1, XEP, and IP232 is all released. Make sure you have the latest IP232 firmware; I believe the audio compatible version of that firmware was just released.

I have an IP232 on the way; been waiting to integrate my Nuvo system for awhile.

That's great to know! I’m really surprised Elk hasn’t made a big announcement on this, it’s a pretty big upgrade.

I got my IP232 but I'm having trouble getting audio control to work with the M1.

I'm running the latest firmware on the M1, XEP, and IP232. The IP232 is connected to the serial port on my Nuvo E6G and is set to 57600 with no flow control. The XEP is setup to talk to the IP232's IP address.

I know the IP232 is working because I can connect to it's IP address from my computer with terminal emulation software where I can see valid Nuvo data and successfully manually send Nuvo serial commands.

I've tried a bunch of rules that trigger audio control commands on the M1 but nothing ever happens. I can't even tell if the M1 is sending the commands to the IP232. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?

Can you physically connect the IP232 to a laptop and use terminal to see what (if anything) it is spitting out?

Excellent suggestion opie- I just tried that and can confirm that the M1 is not sending any commands to the IP232. I don't see any traffic whatsoever on the serial port of the IP232 when I have the M1 send audio control commands.

I also used another computer to connect to the IP/Port of the IP232 while it was connected to the laptop and again confirmed that I was able to both send and receive data to the IP232. It appears to be a problem with the M1 or XEP.

I've attached two screen shots showing the setup of my XEP and IP232.

Firmware:
1.0.16 for the IP232
5.1.24 for the M1
1.3.10 for the XEP

Attachments

• Untitled_1.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Untitled_2.jpg
    Untitled_2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
Elk Technical Support got me squared away- I had to apply a patch/beta firmware for the XEP and then my audio control rules starting flowing to my Nuvo.

Back