Need to send IR signals across room

The Doge

Hi All,
I am setting up my HT equipment to be controlled via the HomeSeer software via the ADIOcelot IR port. I am going to hardwire an IR emitter to the shelving where the receiver, satellite, PS3, etc are mounted. I have 2 related questions. Rather than tape emitters to all of the devices in the shelfs is there something that can transmit a strong enough ir signal so that the devices on the shelfs can pick it up? The second question is that the projector is out in the middle of the room. Is there a device that can pick up the ir signal from the shelf location and transmit it 15 or so feet to the projector? If need be I can install a receiving device at the projector as I have it installed in a cabinet with 120v power available.
Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to CT!

I built an IR blaster, which is extremely easy, and works well with my Ocelot. I have a single IR LED at the opposite side of my living room, so it can reach all equipment. Check out this thread for more details.

Dan

Hi All,
I am setting up my HT equipment to be controlled via the HomeSeer software via the ADIOcelot IR port. I am going to hardwire an IR emitter to the shelving where the receiver, satellite, PS3, etc are mounted. I have 2 related questions. Rather than tape emitters to all of the devices in the shelfs is there something that can transmit a strong enough ir signal so that the devices on the shelfs can pick it up? The second question is that the projector is out in the middle of the room. Is there a device that can pick up the ir signal from the shelf location and transmit it 15 or so feet to the projector? If need be I can install a receiving device at the projector as I have it installed in a cabinet with 120v power available.
Thanks
Dan

Dan- You may find that going to RF communication in your case is going to be more reliable. You can have the Ocelot IR signals go directly to an RF transmitter and then have RF receivers at both the rack location and the projector location. Do a google search for the Terk Leapfrog LF-IRX with an additional receiver for the projector area.

I also want to make sure that you know you will also need another device to control the Sony PS3. The PS3 is Bluetooth only so you will need either a USB device ($10-35) or an IR to Bluetooth Converter ($100-$150)

Back