Need lots more power for HAI zones

Nice. Looking at the http://www.altronix....php?name=ACM8CB (model #Altronix ACM8CB), it says it has normally open connacts. The HAI panel I have set up as NC (hai STILL doesnt allow you to have NO and NC open options, correct? Still one or the other?)

What I would like to do is monitor the altronix for any type of failure and have that report somehow. Is that possible? Cost is not an issue. It just needs to work.

I also dont see the amperage rating in the specs. One output needs to be at least an amp to power the Elk water shut off valve.

When it comes to this type of questions and research, this really is the best site to come to! Love it. THANK YOU!

NO, that unit is used as a distribution board for an access control panel. It is not a power supply. You need something like an AL300ULM (or larger)

Pete, as far as how and where to distribute the load, the proper way is to use the draw of the device(s) in alarm current, not standby, then you need to figure out the loadshedding...some prefer to shed all the high current loads (usually keypads) from the panel with the exception of a single unit (usually the entry keypad) then drop the rest on the supply some try to split the loading between the panel and supply, so it's usually a matter of figuring out the total load vs. aH of battery, then factoring in when the battery isn't going to run the load anymore. If battery sizing is appropriate, the panel should power down before the peripherals, saving a boatload of power related falses (and multiple pages at a CS).

Back