Need help setting up VRC0P

firstone

Hello. I'm trying to setup VRC0P with Schlage door locks and not having much luck. I could really use some help. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Enroll door locks and light modules into z-stick. 
2. Enroll VRC0P into z-stick. 
3. Run neighbor update on each node. 

Now, when I send a command to light module, such as ">N2L75", it works. But if send ">N2UP", I get nothing. Although ">?N2" produces a response with 75%.

When I try to send any command to the locks, I get E000, I get a nonce, then X000 and nothing else. Locks themselves aren't being controlled.

I don't think it's a network problem. While the controller is in the basement and locks are on the first floor, I have 3 beaming light modules in between in a relatively small space.

Am I missing some step? I've tried to send ">RO" commands but I don't really understand how they work. And they didn't  help either. Is there some step that I'm missing? 

If I am not mistaken (I have an identical hardware setup, but haven't had time to test this), the lock can only be associated with 1 controller.  I remember seeing the same command output/behavior, and in my case, I had a Mi Casa Vera Verde controller already associated with the lock, so my VRC0P can't talk to it.  I might be wrong about this, as it has been a while since I tried this.

If that's the case, how would I enroll locks into VRC0P? I thought it cannot be done directly and requires a primary controller and VRC0P acts as secondary. Is it not correct?

I'd like to hear from anybody using VRC0P with locks (or even any other device) - what was the process you went through to get it all working. Thanks.

Looked over PDF and the instructions are more or less the same - enroll locks, enroll serial interface last. The only thing I didn't do was setting association. I will try that. Maybe that's the missing step.

As far as z-stick software, enrollement is hardware controlled, the node neighbor update I'm just doing by sending simple command using information from open z-wave and other sources. That part is working pretty well. All written in Java.

Back