Moose Z1100 -- Which Teleguard TR-1, TR-1B or TR-4?

fstclair

I want to add a wireless interface to my Moose Z1100 (ver. 1, I think), which still works fine, with the idea of eventually eliminating my landline.

I have looked at Teleguard's website and am totally confused as to the differences among the their three residential models, the TR-1, the TR-1B and the TR-4.

I plan on keeping my land line for awhile, which I keep largely because of the wired security alarm system.

Can anyone explain to me what the differences are among these three models and is one better than another for my situation?

And if I decided to use wireless as a "back-up" and keep the land line, is it possible to connect wireless and wired connections both to the alarm so I could always have the flexibility for either one or both in the future?

Many thanks for any advice!

Oops, sorry for the typos. I meant TG-1 Express, TG-1B and the TG-4.

I did hear that the TG-1B and the TG-4 are both being phased out in 2017 and that the TG-1B is the newer improved model.

The TG-1 Express is the new improved model. It is designed to get power from the alarm panel, so no battery backup is necessary as it uses the alarm panel backup battery. The TG-1 B is just a TG-1 with a battery. The TG-1 has it's own transformer power supply and a an internal battery. So when you install it, you end up with two "wall warts", one for the alarm panel and one for the TG-1. The TG-4 is the same as a TG-1 but it can use the landline telephone has primary comminuncation and wireless as secondary. The TG-1 and TG-1 express are wireless communication only.

Thanks, Sandpiper, for explaining the different TG models!

is it possible/permissible to use the TG-1 Express for wireless and also have the Moose Z1100 send a wired redundant signal via the land-line simultaneously by splitting the alarm signal in the panel to both the landline and to the TG-1 Express (or is it necessary to utilize a primary/secondary arrangement via the TG-4)?

Thanks again!

Not possible to send dual signals via POTS and cellular at the same time due to how they work. Splitting the signal will negate the line seizure also.

Back