M1EXP IP Reporting

Sandpiper

I just switched my M1 over from POTS to IP reporting. Everything went fine after I realized the the M1EXP could not report if RP was connected via the local internet. But not a problem...here is where I need help:

I have a RULE that announces whether alarm reporting had been initiated. It makes the announcement when the alarm system is disarmed. If the siren has sounded in the previous arming period, it announces "Alarm reporting has been activated" if signals were actually sent, or "Alarm reporting is cancelled" if the signals were not sent. This can happen (no reporting) if there is a dialer delay or if there is an exit error alarm, and the alarm is cancelled in time.

Now the problem.....with POTS, I used the "line seizure" rule to detect when reporting occurred, but this does not work with IP reporting. Is there an equivalent method to detect when IP reporting has occurred? I could not find one. Any ideas?

I just switched my M1 over from POTS to IP reporting. Everything went fine after I realized the the M1EXP could not report if RP was connected via the local internet. But not a problem...here is where I need help:

I have a RULE that announces whether alarm reporting had been initiated. It makes the announcement when the alarm system is disarmed. If the siren has sounded in the previous arming period, it announces "Alarm reporting has been activated" if signals were actually sent, or "Alarm reporting is cancelled" if the signals were not sent. This can happen (no reporting) if there is a dialer delay or if there is an exit error alarm, and the alarm is cancelled in time.

Now the problem.....with POTS, I used the "line seizure" rule to detect when reporting occurred, but this does not work with IP reporting. Is there an equivalent method to detect when IP reporting has occurred? I could not find one. Any ideas?

Not to derail this thread. But who does IP monitoring of the ELK?, also knowing what hardware they are using might help us come up with ideas. Or is this direct monitoring?

Not to derail this thread. But who does IP monitoring of the ELK?, also knowing what hardware they are using might help us come up with ideas. Or is this direct monitoring?
I have an M1Gold with an M1EXP. I work for a local security company with a dealer account at Security Central located in Statesville, NC. There are many dealers for Security Central all over the country. I don't have a list nor can I get access to a list of dealers for Security Central. I am not sure if Security Central would even tell you who the dealers are. Many alarm companies do state on their web sites that they use Security Central or some other monitoring center. That is the only way I know to find out who is connected with Security Central. You may be able to do a Google search on Security Central and find a few.

I have an M1Gold with an M1EXP. I work for a local security company with a dealer account at Security Central located in Statesville, NC. There are many dealers for Security Central all over the country. I don't have a list nor can I get access to a list of dealers for Security Central. I am not sure if Security Central would even tell you who the dealers are. Many alarm companies do state on their web sites that they use Security Central or some other monitoring center. That is the only way I know to find out who is connected with Security Central. You may be able to do a Google search on Security Central and find a few.

OK, so they are truely monitorint via IP. (I didnt know anyone was doing that with the elk yet)... so no additional hardware provided by Security Central. I dont know of a way to do this then, maybe a fake telephone number as a 2nd central station? this way if you get line seizure you know the first transmission went through?

OK, so they are truely monitorint via IP. (I didnt know anyone was doing that with the elk yet)... so no additional hardware provided by Security Central. I dont know of a way to do this then, maybe a fake telephone number as a 2nd central station? this way if you get line seizure you know the first transmission went through?
About the IP monitoring......Security Central has the Osborn-Hoffman receiver that is needed for direct IP monitoring of the ELK. They also have about everything for everything...and can do about anything.....and are very good at it, too. If you can find a local dealer who has a dealer account with them that would be one way to go.

About the line seizure problem......Nice thought there Mustang.......if I don't get any better ideas, I think I can make this work.

So would the company you work for be interested in new DIY customers for monitoring?

So would the company you work for be interested in new DIY customers for monitoring?

I think that's why he gave us the final monitoring company as it may be a licensing issue for a dealer to provide a contract in another state ect...

Mustang is right. The burglar alarm license we have is good for NC and SC only. I may intertain the idea in those areas.

Now back to the original issue......after more thought....... the idea of a false second reporting center won't work. I now have the telephone completely disconnected from the M1. If I program a phone number I will get a constant telephone fault. Also, even if I overcome that issue, when the central station does not acknowledge, I will get a failed communication error.

Thanks for the ideas, but keep trying......

Does any know how the "Whenever Central Station Kissoff" works? Does this occur only while using Contact ID or does it work with all transmission modes? ...perhaps maybe including direct IP monitoring?

If no-one knows, I guess I'll have to run some experiments.....

Back