M1 Output 1 problem - intermittant

Sandpiper

On three occasions now, Ms. Elk has had trouble speaking. In place of the usual voice messages, I hear a rather quiet hiss and a pop, like a tape is playing a silent passage. The problem lasts for about an hour and then returns to normal. The time between occurances have been several weeks. I did nothing to cause the problem and did nothing to restore normal operation. I am afraid that one day Ms. Elk will lose her voice permanently.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any clues to what is causing this?

On three occasions now, Ms. Elk has had trouble speaking. In place of the usual voice messages, I hear a rather quiet hiss and a pop, like a tape is playing a silent passage. The problem lasts for about an hour and then returns to normal. The time between occurances have been several weeks. I did nothing to cause the problem and did nothing to restore normal operation. I am afraid that one day Ms. Elk will lose her voice permanently.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any clues to what is causing this?

The only issue I have seen related to this is when the voice dialer is used. Apparently if the voice is calling out for notification it turns off on Output1. Never happened to me as I don't use the voice dialout features, but I have seen posts on it.

The only issue I have seen related to this is when the voice dialer is used. Apparently if the voice is calling out for notification it turns off on Output1. Never happened to me as I don't use the voice dialout features, but I have seen posts on it.
Yes. I was aware of this situation. That is by design, as there is only one voice. The voice can speak on Output 1 or on the telephone, but not both at once. This is a failure of some type, where the voice just quits working.

How many speakers do you have hooked up? If it is more than one, then we can assume it isn't a wiring or speaker failure.

How many speakers do you have hooked up? If it is more than one, then we can assume it isn't a wiring or speaker failure.
There is only one speaker. I have rechecked and tightened all the associated wiring. The hiss and pop is the clue to me that something on the voice module is starting to fail.

My M1G voice has died several times, but always "healed" itself. Hasn't lasted more than a few minutes so I haven't thought much of it.

Back