laptop video to TV

JeffCharger

I would like to figure out how to push video and audio from my netbook to the TV. The netbook has no Svideo or composite out - only has 9 pin serial. How can I convert the 9 pin video out to composite for the TV? Now that I think of this, it wouldn't give me audio... but at least I'd have video on the big screen! Is there a 9 pin serial to composite converter?

You could use a 3.5mm to RCA Audio cable for audio from the headphone jack to the back of the TV. Also, stay away from the VGA to Composite adapter cables -- they won't work with your computer. You have to use a device like the ones jwilson56 linked to.

I would like to figure out how to push video and audio from my netbook to the TV. The netbook has no Svideo or composite out - only has 9 pin serial. How can I convert the 9 pin video out to composite for the TV? Now that I think of this, it wouldn't give me audio... but at least I'd have video on the big screen! Is there a 9 pin serial to composite converter?
Please tell me you mean 15 pin VGA and not 9 pin serial.

Please tell me you mean 15 pin VGA and not 9 pin serial.

you're right - my mistake

Thanks for all the guidance! This will get me through it.

Back