ISY994i Z-Wave

I wonder if Z Wave locks could be supported with an existing Insteon setup...

That would be really cool to say the least.

Was away for a week, just got back and was able to start testing the ISY994i with Zwave.  It's really a slick solution. Added thermostats and was up and running within minutes. While I haven't tested competing solutions (vera, etc.) I have worked with the leviton vrc0p+3 with the usb stick + integration with ELK and there is really no reason to go to that solution unless you have to have control through the M1.  No routes master/slave, etc to worry about - just delete from existing network and then add to new ISY network.  I had lots of issues with the elk solution missing commands.  From what I've been able to ascertain testing so far the network is much more robust than before.

It'll be nice to have my insteon and zwave all in one solution/programming interface.

I'm due to test mobilinc and ekeypad ios apps next week when they spin the beta support for the new zwave interface. 

More to come as the testing is completed!

Just ordered my 994 upgrade today. I will be waiting for the beta release and Kwikset Zwave lock control until I add the zwave radio, etc...Exciting!!!

Received my z-wave alpha kit yesterday, up and running very quickly.  Linking my first thermostat when without hiccups.  I've also got a Schlage deadbolt that I'll be installing on the weekend to add to my test regimen.

I'm really impressed with the way they've set up the software so that you can create a scene with mix-n-match insteon and z-wave devices.  Allows for less fiddling with programming for simple actions.

Back