iPad Integrated Apps

mikei-ma

I'm currently running several applications on my iPad to control my home and would like to see what others are using. I would love to find a 'one stop' solution but haven't yet.

This is what I have/use:

Roomie Remote - DirectTV and Yamaha Receiver
Mobilic Pro - Insteon
EK Keypad - ELK M1 (rarely use this)
EK Pro - My Elk Relays & status. WAF is very low.
Yamaha App - Yamaha receiver (when I'm not in the media room - it's just easier)

Most of the apps cross a bit but don't provide functionality across the spectrum. The closest is Roomie, but currently it's horrible at lighting control.

I'm using the isy994i and M1 as controllers. I have extra PC's in the house but would prefer not to use them. I also own homeseer but never bothered to purchase all the addons needed to control everything.

Thoughts?

Depending on the protocols used, you might want to take a look at openremote. I am running multiple systems from openremote. The best part is that it is free.

Sounds to me like your describing HA software with a iPad front end. There are many I personally use CQC, there's elve, I'm sure there are others.

I'm using Elve software controled with my iPad3. Attached is a link to a diagram of my setup. At the bottom of the page is an interactive iPad you can operate parts of with your mouse.

http://www.deanejohnson.com/johnsonhometheater/controlsystem.html

I use CQC, it will control everything you mentioned. I use CQC to control/monitor:

Elk M1 (Security, Irrigation/Outputs, Climate Control)
Home Theater (Epson Projector, Denon 3808 Amp, Sony DVD Changer, HTPC running XBMC, XBox (via USB-UIRT), Directv)
Living Room TV (Old Denon amp via Global Cache GC100, Boxee, DirectTV, Sharp LCD)
ISY/Insteon Lights
UPS's and APC PDU via SNMP
Network Events via Syslog (Guest Access Point access, etc)
PC Wake/Sleep, VM Start/Stop, XBMC and other PC Maintenance through EventGhost
Weather monitoring using Weather Underground

I primarily use an IPhone runing CQC RIVA client and Android Tablet running RDP and the native CQC interface viewer client (CQC Riva is available for Android as well). Here is a link to my setup, I do need to update it, it's a little out of date... http://www.charmedqu...read.php?t=5957

Thanks for the responses. It looks like my only options are HA servers with a web or ipad front end. I was trying to avoid that.

Back