Insteon Items sold....and shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger

I get this PM from the guy...............

If the stuff arrives and your refund is legit, you will get your money. The Paypal address is correct, so if you sent it there you have nothing to worry about.

I showed good faith by sending you the money the same day I ordered. Considering that you have neither sent me money back or items in 2.5 weeks, you better believe the burden of proof is on you.

If you really think you have done nothing shady here, well, I don't know what to tell you.

I gave the guy a copy of the receipt proving I shipped and a tracking number (which he claims is bogus yet it is on the receipt) and I gave him his money back and he denies it all. He says I am doing something shady?

He never sent an address to send it to and often people do not have the same shipping address as what is in Paypal (I ship 3 to 5 times a day on average and have more than a few times seen a different shipping address then what Paypal states).

How can he say I never shipped nor never sent a refund as he admitted he got the paypal email a refund was sent to him by me in the closed thread.

Attachments

• P1000561A.JPG
    P1000561A.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 38
One thing for both of you to be aware of. USPS numbers are not tracking numbers. They are delivery confirm numbers the updates normally lag 24 hours. All they really guarantee is that 24 hours after delivery there will be a note in the system to prove delivery. And sometimes that doesn't even happen.

But these are not tracking numbers. Sometimes the package will get scanned at the sort center nearest to the destination but that is not a requirement like UPS. These things do not get scanned as they move along each day.

That being said, the lady at the counter when taking the package should have generated a 'tracking' entry in the USPS database. She should have scanned in the package when she took it from you. I am not sure if the computer when printing the postage generates the entry or when they scan it at the counter but normally when I ship with delivery confirm they scan it so I wouldnt be suprised if it is the scan that generates the entry. No scan from the counter might be the only problem here.

That being said, the lady at the counter when taking the package should have generated a 'tracking' entry in the USPS database. She should have scanned in the package when she took it from you.
Since it was shipped on a Sunday, I am assuming this was done at a postage machine, not handled by a human cashier. Which may explain why the number isn't in the system yet.

I used the automated machine since it was a Sunday and needed to get the box out of my entrance way after a week of waiting. I use it often and its really no different then going to the counter. Priority mail usually takes about 2 or 3 days even to California and is faster than UPS Ground but more expensive. UPS boxes always seem to be damaged when I get them but USPS boxes for the most part are not so I use USPS whenever possible. Some people dont like USPS but I personally think its faster and I use it for Saturday deliveries as well.

Paypal address's are hit and miss. I often sell to people from Canada and Mexico who have the item sent to a USA address and they pick it up. Saves the import tax. Sometimes to a work address so they hide their HA toys from their wife etc LOL. Once sold a huge order to a guy from Brazil who had it delivered on a specific date to a hotel in the USA and he apparently got it back home himself. Says he was saving a fortune that way.

I ordered some humidity sensors from China on November 9th and they never came. The seller agreed to refund me after 3 weeks and it took another 4 days from the date I received the paypal notification of the refund for it to hit my account. Doesnt mean the guy didnt do his part but paypal sits on the money for a few days.

The buyer in this case has a copy of the receipt that I shipped and also he has an email from paypal that I refunded the $7 shipping overpayment and also the $100 refund when he started saying I never had the items to begin with etc etc etc.

If I ever sell anything on here again (I doubt after this mess) I will post a picture of the exact item including the serial number etc if it has one so no more stories of not having the item to begin with. Everyone else who bought an item or two sent their address and apparently got their items long ago since no complaints (one person has stuff on reserve waiting for keypads and switches that I am no longer going to post). I will just send that guy his stuff since its only worth a few bucks.

I am only guessing since I have no proof yet but I would bet the items arrived safe and sound and USPS will confirm that when I file the insurance claim. If it did get lost the guy already has his money without waiting for the USPS insurance claim. If it didnt get lost I will know it got there and leave it at that since I already gave the money back to stop the false allegations.

I am noticing that it appears this year (more so than previous years) I am getting odd delivery / shipping dates with USPS. Some packages which I would expect 3-5 day deliveries are shorter and other ones which I expect 2-3 days longer. I ordered the same humidity sensors from China. I didn't get those until early last week (or so).

Last year I orded a piece of HW from Europe ($350 USD). It arrived looking as if a truck ran over it with what appeared to be USPS tape all over it.

I shipped it back and filed a claim with the USPS per local postmaster. Multiple pages of documentation, pictures etc. This endeavor resulted in a call after the fact from Postmaster that said that the shipper was responsible for said order and that the USPS wasn't. I don't know why they made me file the claim(?) in the first place.

It appears that there is some lack of business etiquette from the Payee or he/she is writing out of frustration.

The person who paid stated I should man up and say I never had the items. Well I did and had shipped at that point and provided a tracking number. When the buyer stated the tracking was bogus I provided a copy of the reciept. He still claimed I never sent and wanted his money back so I sent it. Then he stated he never got his money back after already saying he got the email from paypal saying I started a refund.

Am I pissed at the guy for making up the "never had", never sent", "bogus tracking", "never refunded" etc? Yeah as he knew it was not true. I just wanted to make sure I had the right address to send it to and after a week or so just sent it and insured it when I was unable to confirm. I will file an insurance claim when the USPS allows and if it never got there I will get some of my money back.

I believe that the package arrived but I cant be sure. Someone with the same first name but a different last name then on the paypal account emailed me and stated the package arrived. It is also not the same email address as the on the paypal account so while it may be the guy it may not. At this point I no longer care as the refund to stop the false accusations was sent and the person has their money back. I am out some money but I never should have shipped until I actually confirmed the address. That is my fault but I was tired of looking at the box in my entrance way.

Well, if you really want to continue this in public...

Your parts did finally arrive. So, you have my money, and I have the parts. Transaction complete.

You say you have refunded me some money, none of which has arrived yet. If it does, I will send it back to you.

One of the Appliancelincs you sent was DOA, the LED does not even light up when you plug it in. For the future, it is considered good form to at least plug things in before you sell them to someone. I'm glad I did not buy any wire-in modules from you!

You have certainly given everyone a good example as to why we ship things with tracking numbers. Also, I don't know how you can think it is appropriate to keep someone's $100 Paypal payment for two weeks without shipping or any sort of communication. That's just bad form. Had you taken 5 seconds to write an email, then your behavior would not have been questioned.

Brian

Ok, I am going to put a stop to this, this is just getting too ugly, and is not what CT is about. Resolve this situation in private. If it gets to the point where there is a stalemate, then send me a PM, but it sounds like there are just some communication issues, so communicate please! I don't want to see any other posts about this unless it is about how everything has been settled.

You have all your money back and you know it. Do you want me to embarress you by posting the Paypal screen where it shows the refund on December 8th (and your post in the other thread last week stating you got the paypal email)? You got the items last week and you know that to and I can post the email you sent last week confirming delivery (I even PM'd Dan that day saying I got an email from you). Dan can also see the PM's I sent you since this started.

Everything was working when removed from my friends house. If you didnt already have the money back I would have gladly refunded the cost of the one unit not working plus the shipping for that unit as I did say I promised not DOA but no promise how long it would last.

Stop the games ok...... you got the product and your money and that is that. If you dont think that you won big time then let me know what else you want. Do you want a gift certificate to Smarthome or something so you can buy new products? What will it take to make you happy and stop the false accusations?

I consider the transaction complete in the fact you got the products you asked for and a full refund last week.

Dec 8, 2009 Fee Reversal From Cancelled Fee Completed Details $2.50 USD
Dec 8, 2009 Refund To Brian XXXX Completed Details -$100.00 USD

You have all your money back and you know it. Do you want me to embarress you by posting the Paypal screen where it shows the refund on December 8th (and your post in the other thread last week stating you got the paypal email)? You got the items last week and you know that to and I can post the email you sent last week confirming delivery (I even PM'd Dan that day saying I got an email from you). Dan can also see the PM's I sent you since this started.

Everything was working when removed from my friends house. If you didnt already have the money back I would have gladly refunded the cost of the one unit not working plus the shipping for that unit as I did say I promised not DOA but no promise how long it would last.

Stop the games ok...... you got the product and your money and that is that. If you dont think that you won big time then let me know what else you want. Do you want a gift certificate to Smarthome or something so you can buy new products? What will it take to make you happy and stop the false accusations?

I consider the transaction complete in the fact you got the products you asked for and a full refund last week.

Oh please, embarrass me. Show everyone the big "Pending" stamp right across that refund.

Dan, I apologize for my part in bringing discord to the site. I shall post no more about it.

Brian

EDIT: Incidentally, I considered the public portion of this complete when the last thread was locked. 2 PMs and an email since then have gone unanswered, and then he started this thread. It seems only one of us wanted to actually work this out privately. Everything is, now, settled.

Oh please, embarrass me. Show everyone the big "Pending" stamp right across that refund.

Dan, I apologize for my part in bringing discord to the site. I shall post no more about it.

Brian

There is no pending..... just stop already. You got the money and you know it. Dan go ahead and close the thread but I to will not post again if there are no more false allegations

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Dec 8, 2009 Refund Completed ... -$100.00 USD $2.50 USD -$97.50 USD
Dec 8, 2009 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $97.50 USD $0.00 USD $97.50 USD

Sent by:
Brian XXXX
Email:
@hotmail.com
Total Amount:
-$100.00 USD
Fee amount:
$2.50 USD
Net amount:
-$97.50 USD

Date:
Dec 8, 2009
Time:
20:24:56 PST
Completed

Subject:
You have sent $97.50 USD to Brian XXXX with PayPal
Note:
Here is the rest of your money back. I already sent you the receipt and gave you the tracking number. Never ask me for anything again. I dont like games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back